What color should I paint a Ravenwing Apothecary bike?

brennus

Black. The Ravenwings bikes are black and im sure the Apothecary doesnt have his own bike. If you decided to model such a bike im sure it would look cool, maybe with some kind of chiller on the rear for the geneseed stocks he collects through the battle.

OK, cool. There are photographs of Deathwing and regular power armor Apothecaries, but I haven't seen a Ravenwing one, yet. I had no frame of reference.

I'll look into the chiller idea. I have plenty of bitz from various vehicles I've put together, maybe I can even whip up the 41st millenium version of an Igloo cooler.

Off the top of my head you could use the bit that goes on a Terminator Assault Cannon, the ammo drum. Then canabilise some parts from an old/new apothecary back pack and voila. You have a containment unit for geneseed.

i would go with black for the bike, white for the apothecary but black shoulder pad to signify he is a ravenwing not just a standard apothecary

love the idea of the cooler box for the geneseed.....genius...............consider it knicked :-P

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the apothecary is ready for the tabletop. I took the advice - black bike, add a refrigeration unit (some metal bit I had laying around fit the bill). Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

gallery_34145_4873_150226.jpg

gallery_34145_4873_331445.jpg

A very nicely produced RW Apoth <_<. Really liking the extra bits you've added to the back... refrigeration unit you say eh... for his beer :P ?

Just a little thing, but for me though his right shoulder pad (ie his 'badge of office' pad) should be white with the Apothercarian symbol red upon it. Personal taste I know, and no criticism of what you have created at all.

Cheers

I

Thanks for the compliments. Yes, I did try to do the right shoulder-pad with a white interior or all-white, but it just didn't work for me, visually. It came down to personal preference.

Some Ultramarine may throw the Codex Astartes at me for altering the standard color scheme, but such is life. :D

• 2 weeks later...

The Apothecary was lonely. So, Sammael has come to keep him company. That Sam - what a swell guy.

gallery_34145_4873_323545.jpg

gallery_34145_4873_459579.jpg

As usual, I just had to use some magnets in the construction. No good reason, I just have to. It's a rule.

gallery_34145_4873_54707.jpg

gallery_34145_4873_394492.jpg

I'll be the first to admit that it's not the best Sammael you'll ever see. It's good enough to field, and that makes me happy.

• 2 weeks later...

My poor Belial model... only painted a few months ago and already given his notice. With unemployment so high, I can only hope that he can find work somewhere. So, why is my relatively new model out of work already?

Blame this guy:

gallery_34145_4873_203008.jpg

Yes, due to the large number of rather awesome conversions on this site, I've been inspired to try my hand at another Belial model. The resin base and Deathwing shoulderpads are still en route. I still have regular terminators to paint, so they can take their time getting here.

So, questions for anyone reading:

1) Is the greenstuff robe all right? Anything need touching up? This is an initial WIP shot, so feel free to make suggestions.

2) I tried to remove the chaos spikes and other markings from the lightning claws. Did I miss any? Would the standard Imperial claws look better? (I think thise pair is more expressive, as the hands are not balled into fists)

3) Can anyone recommend a great looking left shoulderpad? (The one with the Crux Terminatus) I'd hate to put all sorts of work into a model and then stick a bland shoulder pad onto it.

Oh, and because I'm a glutton for punishment, I also got the pieces to do an Interrogator-Chaplain with a pair of these resin legs. No photographs (they were out of focus), but I'm thinking of painting the chaplain's TDA ivory (like the rest of the Deathwing) and giving him black robes. Years ago, I painted a lead librarian in TDA bleached bone rather than blue, and I was pleased with the result. However, by painting a chaplain ivory instead of black, you make the skull helm stand out a little less. Any thoughts?

Archived