The Red Thirst

jhartlauer

I was thinking of ways to represent when my squad falls to the Red Thirst. And wanted to know how you guys were doing it. I was thinking of making markers that I put next to them, or painting the sergeant a different way to represent this. How do you do it?

Maybe try having running legs, maybe a weapon strewn on the base, and the marine in a rather aggressive pose with a knife.

You could also try and pose a marine like one of the chaos marines in dawn of war when they laugh. They bend their knees, tilt their torso back with their arms at their sides as they laugh maniacally.

You could have a marine tearing his helmet off, drinking the blood from a fallen enemies head like Ben Stiller did in Tropic Thunder, or maybe have a marine on a 40mil base ripping an ork rib cage open to expose his foes still beating heart.

I just re-read your post. /facepalm. I see you're looking for tokens or something. You could glue a small peg on the back of their bases or maybe the sergeant's base so you can slip a small loop on there to represent the RS. You could also have the proper squad markings so you can tell which squad is which and mark it accordingly on your paper. :)

I swap out my sarg for another model with a special banner. (If I play red thirst..)

Do you mean if you roll it?

He plays a Counts-As army and there are probably times that he plays when he doesn't even bother to roll for it.

As for me, I think an easy way to do it is to take some plain bases, paint the top of the base white, then paint a red blood-drop in the middle. Keep a handful of those with you and place them by any units that succomb to the Red Thirst.

Edit: Or even better, paint the top of a regular 25mm base white, then prick your finger with a pin and let a droplet of blood fall onto the base (try to get it in the center). Let it dry, then spray over with matte varnish to preserve it.

Valerian

I have some red glass beads for units that fall to the red thirst, and some white ones for objectives or wound markers.

Like those beads people use for MTG counters?

The cheap and nasty method I'm looking at is using the red plastic rings from Coke lids to put around the Sargs base.

I am trying to figure out how to improve on this

I have some red glass beads for units that fall to the red thirst, and some white ones for objectives or wound markers.

Careful JamesI. Do not mention that heretical cardgame.

I'm using this wound markers.

http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/wound-r...tml?cPath=22_56

Green ones to show wounds, red ones for Red Thirst.

I've tried other methods, but sometimes other markers were left behind after movement and I got confused.

This rings are hanged on sergant or other model when he's out :D so that they cannot be misplaced even in close combat.

I was planning on magnetizing the sword on my sergeants. If the unit has the red thirst, he would get a sword that was all bloody. If the unit didn't have red thirst, just a normal sword. If I went with power weapons, basically the same thing. Red power weapons for thirst, blue power weapons for no thirst. Thoughts?

Careful JamesI. Do not mention that heretical cardgame.

My beads came out of a Pente game set.

I do the same thing. Though like many others I forget to roll it most games.

Archived