www.Sciborminiatures.com

For those who dont know sciborminiatures is a website that takes commissions on creating custom miniatures and they are AWESOME at what they do so if you havent been to the site I suggest paying a visit. Now I know that the models shown arent for sale or available for replication and thats fine.

But the site also says that they do not accept commissions based off of GW subjects (thats not exactly how its worded but I can't remember) and this is what has me confused. You arent allowed to commission a model based off of a GW model yet almost all of the models shown on the site are GW based? So are those models just to show the sculptures talents and sell the buyer? Like I wouldn't be able to commission a chapter master for one of my chapters

If someone could clear this up for me I'd appreciate it.

For those who dont know sciborminiatures is a website that takes commissions on creating custom miniatures and they are AWESOME at what they do so if you havent been to the site I suggest paying a visit. Now I know that the models shown arent for sale or available for replication and thats fine.

But the site also says that they do not accept commissions based off of GW subjects (thats not exactly how its worded but I can't remember) and this is what has me confused. You arent allowed to commission a model based off of a GW model yet almost all of the models shown on the site are GW based? So are those models just to show the sculptures talents and sell the buyer? Like I wouldn't be able to commission a chapter master for one of my chapters

If someone could clear this up for me I'd appreciate it.

he has to say that not to get sued, but i'm sure he'd make you whatever you wanted haha

Yeah because it says that the site does not accept commissions based off of GW Ltd. IP rights and I know that GW has sued people before for copyright infringment and all that but to me it makes no since why they would sue certain websites/companies and leave others alone/advertise them (Forgeworld).

So I should just request the commission and see if they'll do it? Has anyone gotten commissions from the sight?

Yeah because it says that the site does not accept commissions based off of GW Ltd. IP rights and I know that GW has sued people before for copyright infringment and all that but to me it makes no since why they would sue certain websites/companies and leave others alone/advertise them (Forgeworld).

So I should just request the commission and see if they'll do it? Has anyone gotten commissions from the sight?

GW does protect it's IP very aggressively. Just a clarification: Forge World is actually part of GW. They don't just advertise for them, they are them.

GW does protect it's IP very aggressively. Just a clarification: Forge World is actually part of GW. They don't just advertise for them, they are them.

Really? I did not know that. So then everything from Forge World is legal in tournaments then (as long as its in the codex and all that) hmmm good to know

Really? I did not know that. So then everything from Forge World is legal in tournaments then (as long as its in the codex and all that) hmmm good to know

Actually NO their not. Depends on the Mods running the game. Most LGS tourneys are FW, (rules not figures) Verboten.

So wait I'm confused if FW is apart of GW then why arent the models you get from there tournament legal? The special rules that they come up for some of their units I can understand but things like the chapter conversion kits and all of that.

It's only the rules that are not normally legal in tourneys.

The models are fine, provided there's rules for that model in the relevant codex.

No tournament will mind if you want to use one of those sexy venerable dreadnought models that FW makes in place of a venerable dread from the codex. But, if you wanted to use some of the rules that FW published to go along with them (say for example, the Chaplain Dreadnought rules) you might have a hard time.

In short: FW models are probably legal as long as they represent something in the regular codex.

So wait I'm confused if FW is apart of GW then why arent the models you get from there tournament legal?

Because they like to keep up the pretense that fooled you (and plenty of others).

Actually, it's not just legalities, I tried to commission a ba model from them, they turned me down flat even when I suggested not putting any iconography on..... So no, they are not joking, no gw stuff

Archived