Rules question on non-IC HQs

Jakobus

So we where talking ;) at the LGS over the weekend and this topic came up

So Mephiston and other non-IC HQs can still get a Honor Guard they just can't join the unit.

An Honor Guard can buy a dedicated transport

When it is deployed only the unit it can carry it the unit it was selected with

Now since both the non-IC HQ and the HG occupy the same FOC would you be able to load your non-IC HQ in the dedicated transport?

The second ponit seemed much clearer to me but others didn't think so.

Dawn of War deployment allows up to 1 HQ and 2 troops.

This means you could set up

1)The Non-IC HQ

2)Honor Guard

3) Troops #1

4) Troops #2

A mate gave me a dirty cheese look when I was explaining this

Yes you can load the HQ with out IC into the transport. If you take a look around theres a battle report where someone loaded Sangy into a Stormraven for devistating effect.

Mephiston could not start the game in his Honor Guard's transport. He can board it first turn as long as no one else is on it.

1)The Non-IC HQ

2)Honor Guard

3) Troops #1

4) Troops #2

JamesI answered the first question. As for the second, you are only allowed 1 HQ unit, so no-go on trying to deploy the Honour Guard and Mephiston, for example; they are in all ways conceivable two seperate units.

Valerian

The storm raven is a heavy support item not a dedicated transport. I don't think you can do this with a dedicated transport

Woop my bad. But I am still sure you can jump a Non-IC guy in a transport providing its empty. And as James said as long as its during the game not during deployment.

a very viable tactic/list i saw was 2 SRs with meph in one and DC in the other. 10dc + lemmie + meph + 2 DC dreads in their face. baals to harrass with mass LR/rb's crossing the field to support, or SG/VV dropping in on flanks to support meph & co smashing into things.

So we where talking :huh: at the LGS over the weekend and this topic came up

So Mephiston and other non-IC HQs can still get a Honor Guard they just can't join the unit.

An Honor Guard can buy a dedicated transport

When it is deployed only the unit it can carry it the unit it was selected with

Now since both the non-IC HQ and the HG occupy the same FOC would you be able to load your non-IC HQ in the dedicated transport?

1)The Non-IC HQ

2)Honor Guard

3) Troops #1

4) Troops #2

Yup matey - just a few things to clarify - (theyve been said already).

The non-IC status matters not for the deployment of the DoW mission.

Additionally, as noted, the HG is a separate unit, it is not a retinue. And as a result, you could not set up all four of those, nor would you be able to set up the non-IC HQ in the dedicated transport (for two reasons- one because that would break the 1 HQ unit rule, and two because you cannot deploy a unit into a dedicated transport that is not its own at the start of the game.

Best say sorry to your matey :o :P

Sorry to hijack a little, but if I had a 5-Marine RAS with a dedicated RB, can a SP not be in the RB with them from deployment? I thought you could, or maybe I'm getting all confused here, hehe.

Sorry to hijack a little, but if I had a 5-Marine RAS with a dedicated RB, can a SP not be in the RB with them from deployment? I thought you could, or maybe I'm getting all confused here, hehe.

The SP can be in with them! But only if he is with them. He wouldnt be able to be in there alone!

Archived