Venerable Dreadnought Minus Sarcophagus Cover!

Howdy, once more, to the Guys and Girls of the Bolter and Chainsword!

By the way, I'm really enjoying my experience here! Great Forum, Great Members! ;)

Anyway, back OT. Why is it that the RADICAL, Detailed Option of leaving the Venerable Dreadnought Sarcophagus Cover off is one that we never really see? Despite it being, IMO, the nicest piece of Sculpting and Modelling Work in the Kit?

I've never seen it done before, here or elsewhere. In fact, I didn't realise the Option existed until I watched the Beasts of War Unboxing Video, and I was like...

Waaaaa?

http://homerefinancecoach.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/surprised1.jpg

So, if you appreciate RADICALNESS, and chose to leave the Cover Off, then post up a Picture! :)

By the way, sorry if this should be in the AA. :)

I won't leave him showing because I think the marines should, for fluff reasons, be emtombed in the sarcophagus and not hanging out there.

It is cool though, so I can see why people would leave the shell off.

Personally, I just don't like having humanized parts showing on my Dreads. They're a nearly-comatose body hooked to neural links, and control nodes. Why sheathe them in adamantium at all if you're going to have their head and chest available for lascannoning? :cry:

All my dreads are sealed up tight.

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/6/28/633502095110658970-Facepalm.jpg

No, back to reality, I can appreciate 'Sealed Up Tight' and 'Mechanical v. Humanized' and those arguments. I love it, though. :cry:

Nobody's tried it, then? If anyone has, feel free to post up some Pikkies!

Archived