BAPC completion

OK, so finally with only a few hours to spare I have finished my vow. Sorry about the lack of updates, but here for your enjoyment (I hope) is the pictures of the finished models.

First of all the Reclusiarch

gallery_33945_4970_12939.jpg

The Death Company

gallery_33945_4970_16646.jpg

Then as an added bonus we have some extra finished models not connected with the vow.

My first Assault Aquad

gallery_33945_4970_17356.jpg

With a close-up

gallery_33945_4970_829.jpg

My Sanguinary Priests

gallery_33945_4970_22989.jpg

An extra two sergeants

gallery_33945_4970_5960.jpg

Honour Guard

gallery_33945_4970_5668.jpg

And a group shot of my whole army

gallery_33945_4970_9623.jpg

The other two Assault Squads haven't got shoulder pads yet, nut should be finished in the next day or two, and then all I have left to do is a Librarian and some Vanguard Veterans and I will have a complete 1850 point army.

Any comments or criticisms welcome.

Very nice painting indeed...Though I do have one question. And please do not take this as a insult,as I am unfamiliar with all the facets of the Blood Angels codex and thus might have missed the reasoning allready...but why are your Sanguinary Priests carrying Candycane chainswords? Or is that just to help insure they are easily identifiable?

Very nice painting indeed...Though I do have one question. And please do not take this as a insult,as I am unfamiliar with all the facets of the Blood Angels codex and thus might have missed the reasoning allready...but why are your Sanguinary Priests carrying Candycane chainswords? Or is that just to help insure they are easily identifiable?

Tastes good man.

It's a little known fact that amongst the Fleshtearers Sanguinary priests are drawn from those who have first completed their barbershop apprenticeship, after which time they are allowed to progress to becoming surgeons. The skills which they have learnt with the straight razor (now there is a modelling opportunity, hhmmmm) are then put to use for more complex surgical procedures. The - as you called them - candy-cane chainswords are simply a reminder of the barber shop sign which they would have had outside their quarters. So in essence they are a nod to the old school barber shop signs and all that they stand for.

Alternatively, it could just be that i painted them that way after a conversation at my local GW with another player on how to make the Priests stand out.

P.S. I just tasted one and its not good :D

Good job on getting the vow complete. And also great to see that you actually went wild and did a bunch more figs. :D

Archived