A new adept

This isn't my first post, but hi.

My name is Tommi,or Capt.Garro, I'm a 17 year-old Finnish student. I mainly play with my friends, but I also enjoy modelling and painting.

Before this I've played a bit of WHFB and I have a small Tau army, but now I want something in power armour!

And now I'm wondering which army to start. CSM, SM, DA, BA, BT, SW, Adeptus Mechanicus or a renegade army?

All options are open for me, my friends allow me to use custom codices.

I request your input on this subject, so please, help a neophyte to get started with some servants of the emperor!

I've been thinking about CSM, but I've heard that only a few builds are competitive, and I am really up with all the dragon heads & such on their gun barrels.

I love the terminators, dreads and havocs from my friend, but he already collects Vanilla.

BA, I'm not up with the red armour (that's an absolute no! Every single of my armies before have been red!) and the rage & thirst, from the fluff standpoint.

DA, BT, I have no access to those robes and stuff.

Witch Hunters & Inquisition: too hard to get

Space Wolves: Well, currently my only cheese is their fluff, which I don't know. Also, the colour scheme doesn't strike me.

Adeptus Mechanicus & Renegades (not relevant); Unofficial, no power armour.

I've also ordered a Chaos Terminator lord, whom I intend to convert to fit any army I choose.

I'm pretty serious about fluff, so that's a big point.

Archived