Razorback Assault Cannons

rodgambit

Baal pred assault cannons or land raider assault cannons? I wanted to try and purchase a few on ebay and I wasn't sure what was working the best for conversions.

Land Raider assault cannons would probably work best. They are assembled the same way.

If you make parts yourself you can get the assault cannons yourself using the dark angels kit that are sold on ebay for about 10-15$ and that has 6 ass cans. I used the bits in that came with them to make it but have yet to put it on the razorbacks.

There's 2 ways of doing it....

You can magnetize the Land Raider Crusader Assault Cannons which are designed to fit on the same mounting as the Razorback. I have done this for mine and they can be seen in the WIP/Tutorial blog in my sig.

The second way is to get the Ravenwing Assault Cannon parts. Using the Heavy Bolters from the Razorback sprue, remove the barrel so the end is flat and then carefully cut off the Assault Cannon barrels from the Ravenwing parts. Glue them on in plave of the Heavy Bolter barrels and they look perfectly good.

It depends which bits you can find on eBay at the time.

I was just looking at GW's site to see what was in the Dark Angels upgrade pack, and I stumbled on this little gem: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1400034

It's a 2 pack of metal Assault Cannons, for our Land Speeders. The downside is that they're metal, so cutting them would be a bit harder than plastic, but at just over $6 for two of them, they seem like a good deal to me.

Archived