Help with Drop Pod Engine

Hi comrades,

it seems that I messed everything up while assembling my first drop pod, and so the doors don´t close properly because of the five control panels on the engine being in slightly wrong position, enough to give me some problems. I will try to take them off and glue them again, but I bet it´s going to be difficult so, is there someone, somewhere, with a spare drop pod engine? Any tutorials to make one from scratch? I searched for bits stores, but the only one that has the parts has all of them out of stock. Thanks guys!

• 4 weeks later...

The doors on my pods don't stay closed either. They line up but only one door ever seems to click shut and stay shut. It's really annoying, especially as it's a really nice model.

I've looked at the bits places I use (bitz box, modelkits, bits and kits) and they are all out of stock on the main engine.

I did find that Red Dragon Games on ebay have one at the moment. They are USA based and have no idea what the service is like but their international postage seemed reasonable.

There are also some drop pod plans floating around the net for scratchbuild (i have downloaded a few over the past few months but the scale is always off compared to the actual one so never built one).

I also found one at The Bitz Barn, but I´m also thinking about trying to fix it myself by sheer razor, knife, glue and some blessed plasticard. I´ll tell you how this ends.

Archived