Kill team unit

Hey,

A while ago I read something about using a librarian dreadnought in a kill team mission, so I decided to give it a try.

A librarian Dread with wings an a random other power with the universal rule infiltrating.

I found this combo to be so over top I felt really guilty (only one model on the table in a threeway battle could damage it).

What do you guys think of the infiltrating bit, combined with some decent terain and the wings this can make a first turn really memorable.

The only way I'd play something like that is if the other team knew I was playing a Dread ... so at least thy could take a Missile Launcher or something... I still think Sternguard with its cheap Heavy weapons + Relentless + slow and purposeful would make a great kill team.

I normally play a 3 bug Lictor Kill team.

In our group units roll for deep strike together, but deploy seperately.

So turn 2 or 3 I appear with 6 Str 6 rending shots in your rear armour.

Single model untis don't work well in Kill team.

You cant deepstrike in kill team as nothing can be held in reserves

Also correct me if I'm wrong but I think that all CQC attacks against the walker are on the front armor? I think using the dread would be fun but a bit unfair XD, especially if you could take a few more models.

CQC? not sure what that means but if its talking about close combat attacks then yes they are always on the fount armor value of a dread no matter their location of their attack. Shooting is different as it hits what ever armour value it is facing. (easy way to slag a dred is to shoot its back armor with melta's/plasma's/or even the lowly boltgun.

I don't know weather it was me specifically however I did make a post about a lib dread with wings in kill team. I also said add a magna grapple and for a second power use shield. For its ability take stealth improving the shield cover save to 4+ and any terrain one to 3+. I found it very very hard to beat. You have the point to upgrade the storm bolter to a heavy flamer but i generally find the storm bolter better for range and picking off things with heavy weapons before the graple gets into range. And against lictors back to the wall makes you almost invicible..

way OTT? yes maybe but it would be hilarious :wub: tell your opponent in advance and give your liby the SoS power :P that way you can probably prevent most of the damage from happening :) should be interesting :wub:

You cant deepstrike in kill team as nothing can be held in reserves

Two points:

1) Lictors don't deep strike anymore.

2) Lictors always start in reserves even in missions that don't allow reserves.

Archived