How to build Furisos

Tangamarine

I used Milliput to sculpt the talons on an extra metal Furioso that I had. It was a little tricky, but not too bad. Then I used super glue to make sure that they were secure. The glue dripped and formed bloody gore on a couple of the talons on accident, but looked pretty good. I'm working on painting it now. Someone else had posted some that a guy sculpted and cast. They are for sale at a pretty reasonable price. Here's the link: Paulson Games Looks like he has some Sanguinary Guard jump packs for sale now too! The Space Marine Ironclad Dreadnought looks like it has two CCW arms. Its only $5 more for the metal Furioso though. Or get the AOBR dreadnought from eBay then get a right arm from Forge World.

Forgeworld. They are good looking models that are cheaper than the GW equivalents (atleast here in oz) and they have parts that can count as PF's BT's or even a FW. I myself already own one of the old metal dreads that is currently being converted into a Libby with judicus use of my bits box but the next dread I by will definately be FW all the way.

I think the general consensus on the best plastic kit for a furioso goes to the ironclad. The kit comes with 2 DCCW, a melta/hvy flamer and also has a chassis with 'extra armour'.

Most of the librarian dreads i have seen are made from a combination of this and the venerable kit, using the chainblade CCW from the ironclad as a base for the force weapon.

For blood talons, i am at a loss so far, although i do like the pair by paulson games.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

Just discover I have a spare dread body so only need the talons for the Furiso. This leaves me the problem of buying 2 dreadnaughts to build one. Also where is the best place in get sanguinary priest, as I hate direct oder or getting a command squad (or 2)

For blood talons, i am at a loss so far, although i do like the pair by paulson games.

I picked up 2 sets from Paulson Games.....love them. At first I was like man, are they big....then I put a marine into the claw....then the size looks great!

My Furioso Librarians are made from the Venerable Kit. I physically make a weapon for the Powerfist looking hand to hold. For the other arm I use the Ironclad arm. Kind of costly but frankly for the most venerated of all Dreads it needs an awesome look. I need to get pics up of my first finished Libby Dread.

For my librarian dreadnought I kit bashed parts from forgeworld and the new venerable dreadnought. For the torso I bought the sacraphogous style Grey Knight dreadnought. I added the forgeworld right talon and the grey knight dreadnought force weapon. I used the legs and engine parts from the van dread to complete the model I'll put some pictures when I finish painting.

I have just received mine!

Forgeworld kindly delivered a Grey Knight Force Weapon for my Venerable Dreadnought --> Librarian Dreadnought 1.

Librarian Dreadnought 2 was also in the box --> Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon, Chaplain Dreadnought and another Grey Knight Force Weapon.

I'll wash and cut the parts today and try to complete the Dread today. I'll keep people posted with pics.

Archived