noob question

Kabuse

hail brothers, sorry if this has been asked before but I couldnt find it.

As all Sanguinary guard have 1 re-roll each to hit, how do you roll that? do you roll each guys attacks seperatly then do the 1 each or do you just roll them all at once and re-roll 5 misses, 1 for each guy?

again sorry if this seems silly or has been asked before :pinch:

thank you! thats pretty much what I thought I just wanted to double check, I normaly run a Libby with em and use Unleash rage anyway but incase it fails this is handy to know!

an easy way to do it would be to roll them all and then reroll up to 5 misses. unless your opponent is worried that you might actually hit with all the attacks from one guy, thus negating a reroll. but that woulnt likely happen. but hey, some opponents are sticklers for the details.

an easy way to do it would be to roll them all and then reroll up to 5 misses. unless your opponent is worried that you might actually hit with all the attacks from one guy, thus negating a reroll. but that woulnt likely happen. but hey, some opponents are sticklers for the details.

The problem is, with 5 guys, some are likely to hit with both and some miss with both. To be fair you really need to roll them all seperately.

The problem is, with 5 guys, some are likely to hit with both and some miss with both. To be fair you really need to roll them all seperately.

Maths is not my strong suit ><; but wouldnt that be statistically the same? (Kinda like firing a twinlinked weapon and rolling two dice and seeing if any one hits).

Maths is not my strong suit ><; but wouldnt that be statistically the same? (Kinda like firing a twinlinked weapon and rolling two dice and seeing if any one hits).

The difference is there are 5 different guys, each with 2-3 attacks ...

With 2 attacks, each person has a 25% chance to miss with both or hit with both (and a 50% chance to hit w/ 1) .... with 3 attacks, it is only a 12.5% chance to hit with all 3 or miss with all 3 ...

but at 25%, it is likely that at least 1 of your 5 will hit 2 times or miss 2 times ... rolling everyone together gives you the advantage of a reroll from a marine that is not entitled to one because he hit both times

The difference is there are 5 different guys, each with 2-3 attacks ...

With 2 attacks, each person has a 25% chance to miss with both or hit with both (and a 50% chance to hit w/ 1) .... with 3 attacks, it is only a 12.5% chance to hit with all 3 or miss with all 3 ...

but at 25%, it is likely that at least 1 of your 5 will hit 2 times or miss 2 times ... rolling everyone together gives you the advantage of a reroll from a marine that is not entitled to one because he hit both times

exactly. If every marine misses at least once, then fine. But there is a legitamite chance that at least one marine hits with every attack, meaning by rolling them all together and rerolling 5 misses you are getting a better bonus than you should.

Just to stay fair, roll every SG individually.

Archived