Sanguinius rules

Hi, some of you may of noticed a lot of posts about Sanguinius from me lately

Ive now finally finished my model (if you could call it that) and now ive made some home grown rules

for him. So here they are, you can take them or feedback and tell me how terrible they truly are. :)

Sanguinius, Lord of the Blood Angels 480pts

Ws Bs S T I A W Ld Sv+

8 6 6 5 6 5 5 10 2/4

Unit type

Jump infantry

Wargear

Blade Encarmine, artificer armour, Golden halo,

frag & krak grenades, Infernus pistol & melta bombs.

Options:

May swap Blade Encarmine for Spear of Telesto- 10pts

Special rules

Primarch, Descent of Angels, And They Shall Know No Fear,

Great Pinions

Primarch-

Sanguinius is one of the great gene sons of the Emperor and as such is filled with a portion of his great power,

Sanguinius has the Eternal warrior universal special rule, Force weapons count as power weapons against him, he may only be used in a force of Blood Angels or successor chapter force of at least 2000pts (thats the bare minimum that requires his attention, and so you dont end up with a handfull of Chaos Space Marines just gawping at him with one puny chaos lord crying in fear).

Golden Halo-

An artifct from ancient history, forged by some of the greatest forgers on mars for the Primarch its golden light protects Sanguinius and his sone from harm whilst alsov helping his comrades that decide to teleport. The Golden halo gives Sanguinius a 4+ invunerable save and any squad hes travelling with gains a 4+ cover save. Also the halo incorporates a Teleport Homer.

Great Pinions-

Sanguinius was mutated as a child and carries his mutation with pride, to great white wings that have born aloft on many worlds and are a sign of purity of soul and also allow him to close with tyhe foe with great speed. Sanguinius counts as wearing a Jump Pack. But he may assualt on the turn he Deep Strikes, to represent that he is awsomely adept with his wings (its got to be easier when the flying device isctually a PART OF YOU.. doesnt it?)

Blade Encarmine-

A blade of great power, forged by Sanguinius' own hand its edge is keenly sharp and can slice through armour with ease. The Blade is fully twice the length of an astartes power sword yet Sanguinius weilds it with one hand with predigious skill. the Blade Encarmine is a master crafted power sword that rolls 2D6 penetration against vehicles.

Spear of Telesto-

The Spear of Telesto, a masterful piece of engineering and artificing, the tear drop shaped blade is beautifully sharp. whilst its a great piece of skilled forging it also holds an ace up its sleeve. The forges of Mars have inset the weapon with a piece of machinery that allows it to fire great fires from its blade, but the machine is gene coded allowing it to consume comrades with the holy flame without them coming to harm, as long as they have Sanguinius' gene code. The Spear of Telesto is a two-handed master crafted power weapon that mey be shot in the shooting phrase with the following profile:

Range Str Ap assualt

Template 6 3 1

Psychic backlash-

Sanguinius' mind holds many secrets and much knowledge, but it also holds psychic sense that is strongly connected to those of his angels. if sanguinus were to die at the hands of the foe it would send out a great shockwave that would utterly consume his sons. If Sanguinius is slain ALL of the units of Blood Angels and their Successor chapters immediately gain the Red thirst rule and the Rage universal special rule. NOTE: this includes units that normally couldnt get the Red thirst rule such as Commander Dante.

Premonition-

it is said that Sanguinius was blkessed with premonition like abilities, he is said he foresaw his defeat by the hands of his brother Horus ans that he foresaw the troubles his brothers would suffer. At the beginning of the game after all players have set up, the player with Sanguinius may reset TWO of his troop choices.

Sounds good some ideas, comments and criticisms.

First off i think that he might be to cheap 480 points for 10 wounds is very very cheap considering what he does. For instance Assault terminators cost 450 points which is 30 less that what you propose for sanguinus and don't have the force multiplying or special rules that he does, 5 wounds would be more realistic and i would up his points cost to 600 - 700 points

I would drop the blade encarmine and the melta bombs altogether since the flamer spear sounds pretty good by itself but give sanguinus a special rule where it can be used either 1 handed or 2 handed like a relic blade where you add plus 2 strength or 4 strength, This is for simplicities sake

If you want to say Eternal warrior that does not die from any of the things that will just remove models from play, jaws of the world wolf and theres a dark angels psychic power that insta kills people as well as a few other nastier surprises in the many codexes out there say any wound that would kill or remove the weapon (force weapons, pychic powers etc ) removes D3 wounds instead.

May i also suggest that Psychic backlash have a negative effect since it was a pretty harsh backlash. You forgo a turn of shooting and are forced to run at the nearest foe or every unit instantly takes a strength 2 hit as well as rolling a dice for each squad if it results in a 6 they have furious charge if it results in a 1 they have rage.

Great pinions i would state that he cant shoot on the turn he deep strikes to make it similar to the vanguard special rules.

Makes sanguinary guard troop choices and give sanguinius the Hit and run and fearless special rules.

Rites of battle, aura of the primarch any blood angel model within 6 inches of sanguinus is fearless.

Also Sanguinus must take a unit of Sanguinary Honor guard, they have the same rules as sanguinary guard,except they have Hit and Run, Vanguard veteran deep strike assault rules, They Must take a chapter Banner, May upgrade one member to be an apothecary at model cost + 50 points they also have the a special rule that if sanguinus falls they immediately withdraw sanguinius body away from the battle and are removed from play.

just a thought

One rule I would totally add:

Pre-Heresy: Sanguinius cannot be fielded together with any other Blood angels special characters from Codex: Blood Angels

Afterall, I truly do not think that any of them guys was alive when Sangy flew around and, at least to me, seeing Sangy and for example "Dante, chapter master of BA" on one table? No way...

One rule I would totally add:

Pre-Heresy: Sanguinius cannot be fielded together with any other Blood angels special characters from Codex: Blood Angels

Afterall, I truly do not think that any of them guys was alive when Sangy flew around and, at least to me, seeing Sangy and for example "Dante, chapter master of BA" on one table? No way...

That makes sense... probably no death company either.

Are you really telling me that Mephiston is tougher than his Primarch??

Have you read through the entire Primarch Project - Sanguinius? ...I just finally got through all of it, it is pretty darn funny - and ultimately a let down. Brother Vincent is practically banging his head against the wall saying exactly that - these primarchs are too weak and too expensive; so what's the point?

Archived