too brutal?

Its not toooo brutal - but, it is a bit obvious. ><, why dont you try for something more unusual - slow and purposeful devs - or tank hunting baals or...I dunno...something different.

Suping up your super character isn't bad or too brutal - just a bit too easy.

But IC is not a Universal special rule... I've seen some nasty things done with relentless - even on a tac squad with melta/multimelta (in a rhino doing drive-bys on Eldar vehicles so it has the manouvreability to get behind their holoshield things).

A relentless Dev squad, or a fleet DC with JP's, or something that changes a useful unit into a very good unit is probably better than making an uber unit even uber-er.

It all depends on what everyone else in your campaign decides to do with the USR. You may roll 3- then it's a non issue. It might be better if everyone could pick a USR but what do I know? Tank Hunting Devs with S10 lascannons is brutal versus mech lists. Think about what is your best option in terms of the big picture. Certainly infiltrating Mephiston would be a lot of fun for you.

0b :unsure:

Yeah, its kind of a question of do you want to take a ridiculously powerful unit and make it even MORE ridiculously powerful? Probably getting one more turn of killing in with Meph would be nice...

Or... do you want to take another unit that on its own might not be so fearsome (Devs with MMs or PCs), and turn it into very fearsome unit (Relentless) that demands attention immediately from your opponent, thus adding to your armies threat profile and making the army as a whole much more dangerous?

Either will be fun, if you roll that 4+, but I know which I would choose 9/10 times...

Archived