Drop pods as gates?

Niiai

Hi. I currently have a Space Wolves army (painted orange and purple) but I realy like your codex.

I would love to field a big army of dreads, death companies in drop pods and going for the whipe out.

a) Do you think I am crazy collecting another power armour army, they are not that different...

;) Would it be posible to custom build some "warp gates" to be drop pods? I hate painting the drop pods and I could realy picture some ornate warpgates opening up and delivering droudnoughts and death companies. (The idea is from the 13th company of the spacewolves that uses telport to arive on the board. I was planing on having at least 2 psycer dreads and one psycer in the army.)

Please give me some replyes, I am all torn up about it but I think it would be really cool. :)

Well..."normal" marines don´t use warpportals like Eldar do. Not even Deathcompany - they are nothing like the 13th Company, as they are rather few in numbers, uncontrollable(not even by Chaplains!) and...they don´t appear out of the warp. And they are not lead by psykers.

That´s for the fluff. Blood Angels are not Space Wolves, and in my opinion it will cause some issues while jumping from one dex to another while attempting to represent the former codex with the new one.

Game-wise, I think you´re opponent won´t give a damn about how you represent your podding troops, as long as the "pod" is of apporopriate size.

Eventually, it is your army.

Snorri

Archived