Omega Marines V Necrons then Death Guard

Gaz1858

Hey Guys, Ive had my first games with my new Omega Marines army last night. Before i start, heres the list i used.

MOTF - Plasma Pistol, Bike, Power Weapon = 165

Bike Squad (3) - Flamer, Meltagun, Power Fist = 130

Tactical Squad(5) - Power Fist, Razorback = 155

Tactical Squad(5) - Power Fist, Razorback = 155

Terminator Squad(5) - Cyclone Missile Launcher = 230

Venerable Dreadnought = 165

Ironclad Dreadnought = 135

Ironclad Dreadnought = 135

Dreadnought - Assault Cannon = 115

Dreadnought - Assault Cannon = 115

My first game was Pitched Battle with an Obj in each deplyment zone against Necrons on a 4 x 4 table.

Lord - Res Orb, Scythe of Light, Phylactery

10 Necrons - Disruption Fields

5 Destroyers

5 Destroyers

3 Heavy Destroyers

Tomb Spider

I set up MOTF + bikes on the my far left. Directly across from his Objective. A razorback unit behind them. 2 Ironclads, a dread and a Venerable in the middle with Terms while another dread and razorback unit sat on the far right on my Obj.

The first turns involved me moving forward as fast as everything could including the Bikes Turbo'ing. His turn tool an arm off my ironclad and he charged his Tomb Spider into my Bikes and MOTF, caused no wounds and died to Servo-Arm and Power Fist attacks where i consolidated to within 5" if his Obj and attendant Necron unit.

My second turn saw my Bike unit use 2 flamers on the necrons taking down 3. Again my dreads all moved forward as much as possible trying to get into assault range. I assulted the necrons and took out a few for no loss but they held firm. He managed to stun my venerable slowing it up

At this point my dreads got into assault range. The razorback unit that had been following the Bikes moved up to his objective and removed the remaining necrons. So i held both Obj. My dreads tarpitted his Necron troops until turn 5 where he conceded having no chance of contesting the Objectives. My whole army bar the Razorback holding my own Obj was in his deployment zone! I lost the MOTF and Bikes, 2 Tac marines and 2 Terminators. Pretty good first game.

I played a GW staff members Death Guard (Brighton GW) for the next game

Lord - Daemon Weapon, Power Fist

10 Death Guard - Power Fist, Meltagun, Icon

Sorceror

10 Death Guard - Power Fist, Meltagun, Icon

14 Plaguebearers

3 Obilts

3 Oblits

This was a Kill points mission in table quarters. We set up 12" away from the centre and he held his daemons in reserve. I stole the initiative and surged forward taking down one Oblit. His return fire took my whole Bike Squad, MOTF and an Ironclad!!! 3 Kill Points in one turn!!!

Second turn saw me moving forward and taking another Oblit leaving one alive. His return took another Ironclad out!! Damn Oblits.

Turn three is where it got exciting. In my combat phase a dread charged one unit of DG with Sorceror, the Venerable and another Dread charged the Lord with other 10 DG. Over the next three turns everything turned into CC. His last Oblit went down to Heavy Bolter fire and his other Oblit unit charged the Dread in CC with Lord and DG. His Daemons Deep Striked right next the combat and then charged in on the same turn, something i didnt realise C:CSM Daemons could do!!

In the end though through attrition i wiped out his army. It could have gone either way though if his PF Sergeants had managed to take out a dread. The Terminators survived 42 Attacks from the Plaguebearers for no loss which was pretty awesome!

All in all im very happy with the list. If you have any comments on it please look to the Army list section where il post it up. The Terminators are up for being removed as i dont feel they did theyre points worth. Still two games two wins and more games on Monday coming!!!!

Congrats on your games!

Your army is a little unsual I think, but if you enjoy it, perfect. One comment I have for you is that you didn't write out all your options in your army list, which I think is very handy reading batreps. I know from the codex that if you paid stock cost for the Ven Dread it had a Multimelta, but just for ease of reading that sort of thing is helpful.

As for the army list, I would say the following (of course, it's all my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.)

- You have far too few troops. Two full tac squads is my absolute minimum, and I find that too small in 1500 point games and higher.

- MOTF setup. You already have a (twin linked!) plasma pistol and a flamer on the MOTF thanks to the Servo Harness. Also a pair of servo arm power fist attacks. So drop the plasma pistol on the MOTF (a PP is overcosted anyway.) Also, I would drop the powersword, as the MOTF is only initative 4, strength four. So drop the PP and the Power Sword and buy the MOTF a thunderhammer! On the charge you'll get 5 str 8 attacks.

- Dreadnoughts. I always buy heavy flamers for my dreadnoughts, of any type. For 10 points you get something that can kill a heck of a lot of stuff. I think a Ven Dread always needs an assault cannon for that awesome BS 5.

Good luck with your next game!

Thanks mate. I have amended the army list - Army List

To few troops is something i think im gonna hear alot! ;) Im gonna let a few more people share their comments before commenting tomorrow night. Thank you for the input so far and if you have any more with the amended army list please share.

mmm, quite like the feel of this list, I love dread's too, but dont really use them in my chaos army, gonna have to try this out (with a few differences ofc) using codex space marine :)

Did the Obliterators take down your Ironclads with long range Lascannon fire? It is for that very reason I love Lascannons in my lists as you can stand a chance of damaging things from over 12" away!

Nice games. People look at MotF lists and think they suck because they have too few Troops, but they forget you don't have to use the infantry to kill the enemy with all the super tough Dreads and Terminators on the table!

Will get on the Army list link tomorrow and check it out (thought processes and all that) but right now I can honestly say I like the list as it is different and works well. Most importantly, it is fun to use (I love Dreads!).

Archived