Land Raider Crusader extra armour

I plan to get a Land Raider Crusader for my Black Templars army and I'd really like the Forge World reinforced armour to go with it. The problem is the reinforced armour seems to have plates covering the tracks, which I would presumably need to cut to fit the frag assault launchers. Is it worth getting the kit if I'm going to have to throw away a portion of it? Or can the reinforced armour and frag assault launchers sit together without too much effort?

Alternatively I would get the spaced armour, which would be easier for my cack-handed modelling skills. Does anyone have any photos of a Land Raider with spaced armour? The one on FW's site doesn't really show it clearly.

Crusader+reinforced armour would require a great deal of work, but crusader+reinforced works without any modifications, and looks dead good to boot.

Er... do you mean crusader+spaced works without modifications, and looks dead good to boot?

Thanks for the advice. I've ordered a set, so with luck it will be here within the week. I might go and get my Land Raider Crusader tomorrow - all £37.50 of it :lol:

If anyone is interested, Forge World haven't yet hiked the price of GW kits yet, so if you can spend £150 or more there you'll get some savings.

Archived