Converting with Hector Rex

I've been thinking of using Forgeworld's Hector Rex as the base for a Blood Angels Librarian. However, I've heard he's quite large and I wouldn't want to pay £28 for a figure that's out of scale with my intended Bitz, namely Sanguinary guard weapons arms chestpiece and jump pack. Can someone who has him tell me if that's feasable, and if not, are there any alternatives? Thanks. :)

Here's blog with a pic of the pieces he is composed of. I'm not sure how easy it would be to use the SG chestplate.

This post over at Warseer has some shots of him next to Grey Knight Terminators (a few posts down, after the gerbil-firing terminator). I can't quite tell how big he is, but he looks at least as big as a GKT, and maybe a little taller.

BTW, I used google image searched "Hector Rex" to find the above, so you might want to try that, too, and see what you find.

I've already Googled and found pictures of him in pieces, but I couldn't find any pictures of him next to anybody except his retinue. Thanks. So, he's at least the size of a GKT? Hmm. I know people have mixed parts from normal and Terminator SM models for Truescale projects, so I guess there's still hope. That's still not enough to go on for me to spill my hard-earned cash, though- and from the fact that ~18 people have looked at this page without posting, I'm guessing I'm not alone in that. :P

hector rex is wearing terminator armour essentially, i cut his head out and switched his storm shield for a grey knight termie arm.. (hes now a grand master.. go promotions!)

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/typhion/DSC00153.jpg

theres a picture of him next to a normal marine.. generally i think hes not a good choice for a base for your conversion.. and think youd be better off using normal sanguinary or death company legs.. with the right paint scheme and a bit of greenstuff etc they can look really good for characters.

hopefully thats of some help.

Thanks. Guess I can save my money. It's a shame though, hero-sized, psychic hood and a masked face with long hair were pretty much everything I had in mind before I even saw Hector. I don't suppose you still have the head? ;)

hah no.. my method of converting is hack at it a lot till the offending peice is removed.. sorry :tu:

on the bright side it sounds like all of what you're looking for can be done with minor work..

sanguinary torso and legs.. add a cut up shoulder pad for the psychic hood (theres enough tutorials on here) & guitar wire psychic cabling.. then use the basic respirator head from either the commander box or the tac marine box, and add greenstuffed hair.. easy enough to do, just blob of green stuff then drag into flowy hair of loveliness with a sharp sculpting tool.

Yeah, I was planning to make him out of Sang guard parts and a cut shoulder pad before I saw 'ol Hector and got overly ambitious. Anyway, I've been looking up resin and I don't think I'm ready to work with it just yet. Heck, I'm not even confident about my ability to sculpt his hair!

Thanks for the help. :P

Archived