Blood talons

Before i start i do notwant websites to buy talons off as we already have a few threads going with those in them. Whatim ooking for is ideas and inspiration on converting my own from a normal dccw. anyone got one done that they like? pics appriciated greatly! thanks in advance!

My plan is to use two of the Chainfists from the Ironclad set. But then I've been making my guys up as Flesh tearers and there are quiet a few Chainaxes in the mix.

Not enough in my mind but I work with what I have on hand.

The other option I was thinking of was the Buzz Saws from the new Ork Dread/Kans box but I'm not convinced they'll look solid enough

I made some by adding some talon like bits from a dark elf warrior banner to the ends of the regular dreadnought cc weapon fingers. I'll post pics when I get home.

I am waiting for a box set of hormagaunts in the mail (I personally hate tyranids and am using heads and whatnot as a gory base for my characters etc) so I've been thinking that their talons will be perfect for my blood talon conversion. I haven't seen them in real life yet but I'll probably need to bulk them out with greenstuff. Don't expect any pics soon though, as usual I've got way to much other stuff to complete!

Yours in Honour and Faith,

Chaplain Hiltraud

PS When I get round to building the dreadnought part of the army, I intend to use sentinal legs on all dreads, got any ideas on that?

Whats the reasion for using sentinal legs on dreads? Are you going for chicken walkers?

Personaly for my blood talons ive just filed the ends of my dreads close combat hands anyway. I could see some extra greenstuff being used to bulk them up as well however.

Whats the reasion for using sentinal legs on dreads? Are you going for chicken walkers?

Hahaha. Chicken walkers. No no no I was looking at some recent conversions and thought the longer legs looked a little more functional. The stumps that the dread possesses at the moment look like He'd never reach the battle because of obstacles. Hmmm and they have no knee joints. how does that work?

Anyway, I got inspired by this pic in particular

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg17/Hubernator/Phantoms/SDC10904.jpg

In no way do I take credit for this, it is Hubernator's work. Hubernator if you are reading this, I hope you don't mind me using your pic as a reference. And awesome job too.

Anyways, I intend to bulk up the "chicken legs" with plasticard and armour.

Yours in Honour and Faith,

Chaplain Hiltraud

Very nice indeed. If you're going for maximum Codex accuracy they seem a bit stubby, but personally I wouldn't worry about that. Some guitar wire to make power cords and maybe a sprue piece or two to liven up the blank parts would make it pretty much as good as it can get. But then again, I'm an amatuer with low standards. Go figure.

the greenstuff wont show up until it gets painted which ive discovered bfore. its the icons off the sponsons of the new baal. im happy with how its came out. and yea i know i havent removed all the flash yet in that pic, think its all gone now but will go over it again shortly. yup trygon spikes were the only thing that looked half decent that i could find in my bits box, though im not entirely satisfied. also went and added extra cabels from the melta to the arm.

and thank you!

i used two bjorn lightning claws i happened to have bought as Bitz along time ago. Only wish they still did it on Gw website. My poor SW venerable had been stripped of his dual LC's and given a mighty Assualt Cannon. But my DC dread's rocking twin LC and look's sweet.

Seeing as Blood Talons are just big Lightning Claws I figured this was the next logical step :pinch: .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/USABOB/40K/40k%20Blood%20Angels/dreadclaws.jpg

Archived