Dark Angels Recruitment

Krieghammer

Hi, i was wondering, since they dont have any homeworld, where from do they gather recruits? Random boys on worlds they do campaign? or does the Rock travel between a set of recrutiment planets?

Do they have all the training facilities on the Rock, or have they established some sort of site on other planets?

thanks!

There are numerous systems that the Rock visits for recruitment. As far as I know majority of the worlds they recruit from are primitive feral worlds and there are several outposts maintained where recruits are taken where they are screened before taken to the Rock to become scouts and fully introduced into the Chapter.

It would be safe to assume that all training, as well as implant procedures are done on the Rock itself as it is a rather large asteroid, ship, tower thing.

Piscina IV is a known world that has been named and will be further mentioned in the next DA novel coming out.

Styphus is quite correct, this is mentioned in Angels of Darkness, I think there is a bit of info in there about DA recruitment, I don't have a copy to hand at the moment but I'll post again when I do.

AFAIK they still recruit from Plains World (wherever that is). The DA who survived beating the genestealers in the Tale of Two Heads Talking stayed on the planet to restore the tribes to the old ways and make it a suitable recruiting world again. That was when the DA decided to use more than one world for recruiting.

You would think they would have learned from Caliban, but whatever.

Archived