Tank's question for the boys in green...

CrushThem

The Dark Angels (in Apocalypse) have access to the Ares - a Land Raider with a Vindicator cannon. In fact, they invented it!

Who knows about Redeemers. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't in a future codex.

So theres been no FAQ regarding the Dark Angels having access to the redeemer? I'm only asking (a second time, lol) because I think a LR Redeemer would be just the ticket for my Deathwing army that i'm currently building.

Regards,

Crush

The Redeemer would be a good addition I agree. I don't think it's particularly effective against some armies but it scares people nonetheless. Anyway there's no reason why you can't field one from C:SM with opponents permission of course.

The whole C:SM >> C:DA is at best of a nest of vypers at present with some thinking it cheesy/beardy allowing this stuffs useage within DA forces, others pointing out that out current FAQ allows it providing all players agree. Enlightened gaming groups might allow same-named C:SM items in DA armies but that is a slightly different matter.

On the whole I think there needs to be something more of a clearly defined guidance myself to allow the use of these items (or not) - especially from a tourney point of view where organisers are usually pretty hot on NOT allowing Codex mix (quite rightly IMHO) unless its DH or WH allies, and even then they're somtimes no-go too.

Cheers

I

Personally, I would much rather have the Ares be put into our codex than the Redeemer. I don't necessarily think it's likely, but it'd be cool. I think it adds to the character of the chapter. And I love the Ares (pondering over how to make one right now, in fact).

Personally, I would much rather have the Ares be put into our codex than the Redeemer.

And hen have GW release a conversion pack? Now that would be just the ticket; i think all DW armies would end up with one for some needed fire support/distraction purposes.

I don't know, i think i'd rather have the Redeemer. Or a DA only variant with, say, autocannon sponsons or something. That would be useful indeed.

Al

We can only hope for a new dex or at least a Faq to even things up a bit. As far as Redeemer, weaponry is to short, go with the prometheus. Forgeworld faq, -1 to cover save and longer range on those beautiful Hb's. Plus counts as Elite, which is good if you've got Beliel. JMO.

Archived