DA Books from Black Library

dragon1976

Well, other than the Dex, even older ones, here are the books that come up on Black library -

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/Search-Re...lue=Dark+Angels

I've only read the two Horus Heresy books thus far.

There is also this, if you can find it -

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Home/Search-Re...value=Deathwing

Another Heresy Book, Tales of the Heresy features a DA short story, "Call of the Lion"-

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Horus-Heresy/T...-of-Heresy.html

I want to pick up Angels of Darkness, just haven't had luck yet.

Darn, Brother Nihm beat me...

Hmm, I'm 75% of the way though Descent of Angels, and i must say I don't like it. Of course it's only my personal opinion, and nothing more.

It deals largely with Caliban before and during the arrival of the emperor, and not very much with the actual dark angels as we know them.

Others may disagree, but i was disappointed. Apparently Angels of Darkness is a better read, so i'd suggest starting with that one if you want to get into DA fluff.

Hmm, I'm 75% of the way though Descent of Angels, and i must say I don't like it. Of course it's only my personal opinion, and nothing more.

It deals largely with Caliban before and during the arrival of the emperor, and not very much with the actual dark angels as we know them.

That is usually the take of most people. But, in it's defense, though it may not fit in the Heresey series well and may not stand alone so well either, it is definitely a nice prelude to Fallen Angels.

That is usually the take of most people. But, in it's defense, though it may not fit in the Heresey series well and may not stand alone so well either, it is definitely a nice prelude to Fallen Angels.

I second that, I hated it. After having read Fallen Angels I felt that reading the first one was justified however.

Fallen Angels was great as a stand alone book. I never read Descent of Angels, and may not for a while if it is really that bad, but Angels of Darkness was awesome.

Think of it this way, the DA codex is one side of the story, Angels of Darkness is the other, and Fallen Angels is the truth. =D

I've read a fair few 40k books now but supprisingly not any DA in the past. Got a couple the other day though...

Descent of Angels isn't that bad, just started reading it and 90 pages in i haven't felt like burning it yet. Looking forward to Fallen Angels though.

Al

I dont believe you lot :(

Descent of Angels is a great read. It shows off our time of greatness as the first Legion. Before all the crap started with the heresy.

You get a feel of the knightly orders from which our inner-circle stems and you get to battle alongside the Lion.

A must read for any Dark Angel player, so we can feel what we have lost, and what we are fighting to regain.

In my opinion Fallen Angels is the least of the three (Descent of Angels, Fallen Angels, Angels of Darkness) that I have read thus far.

It does not add much to the grand scheme of things, and it only shows the seeds of heresy being planted. It doesn't actually come to fruition (maybe in a later book?).

I've only read Angels of Darkness and I'm in the middle of reading Descent of Angels. Angels of Darkness in my opinion was pretty bad because of bad fluff loopholes that are inconsistent with Space Marines as a whole, not just Dark Angels. It was an interesting read though at some parts and it gives you a good interpretation of how the Fallen really are (and why they need to be hunted!).

So far I like Descent of Angels, but I'm a fan of Knights and what not (I play Bretonnia in Fantasy, big surprise!) so I'm a little bias. It makes me wonder why the Ravenwing don't have more of a similar role in game like they originally had though.

Archived