Reclusiarch-Chapter Master?

Just a quick thought/question.

I was having trouble conjuring up an idea for my chapter master so i figured why not make him not only chapter master but reclusiarch as well!

Can it be done? I'm not entirely up to date fluff wise and was just wondering if it's plausible that a chapter master succumbed to the red thirst, and the only suitable candidate to fill his position was the chapter's head Chaplain/Reclusiarch. Then being such a gifted individual who performed both roles so well, the chapter decides to keep him doing both roles...

Thoughts?

Yours in Honour and Faith,

Chaplain Hiltraud

That would be awesommmeeeee! ! !

But hey, the Blood Ravens have a Chapter Master that is also the High Librarian, so go for it. But, if you are going to do that, make sure to get as many Chaplains in the Chapter as possible, because that would give the Chaplains a better position in the chapter, so it would not be impossible that the best of them becomes a CM.

Or give a nice reason for it, your choice.

Ran

I don't see why not (my barely worked on Angels Vermillion fluff has the chapter led by the Reclusiam).

I originally intended to use Astorath's rules as a chapter master, but now go with a Reclusiarch.

Had some great ideas this morning whilst reading the replies:

I'll be using as many Chaplains as poosible at all times in my army,

I'll definately be using Astoraths stats for my Reclusiarh-Chapter Master,

But it has formed another question. Do I use Lemartes stats for my former Chapter Master after his induction into the DC? [blood crozius will count as a master crafted power weapon*which it is* and liturgies of blood will be used from the other chaplain that will always be attached to him and the squad]

I was thinking of using brother Tychos stats but my chapter (as with all good Blood Angels) are very jump pack orientated...

Expect to see some WiP pics soon.

Chaplain Hiltraud

I think its a great idea :D

Espcially with the Lemartes>former commander. As for his liturgies of blood you could say that the attached DC still recognise him as the Chapter Master thus and are inspired to fight with even more gusto ;)

As for his liturgies of blood you could say that the attached DC still recognise him as the Chapter Master thus and are inspired to fight with even more gusto :blink:

I like that idea. I like it allot! Thanks for the thoughts!!!!!

Chaplain Hiltraud

Would be a great Idea. Look at the lamenters for example, according to their fluff , during and after the badab war their Chaplain (forgot his name) pretty much lead the whole chapter.

Dunno if this is what you were thinking of but Captain Castigon in my 4th company BA army is going to be used as a "counts as" Reclusiarch.

I figure with him being "Lord adjudicator" and the fact the fluff appears convieniently sparse on exactly what that involves, I can legitamise claiming that he is a figure of special dread and inspiration within the chapter and those brothers in his presense fight with the kind of extra gusto normaly only chaplians evoke.

Maybe he is especially close to the reclusiam? Maybe he is the one that "deals" with brothers who succumb to the red thrist and oversees their judgement and subsequent incarceration in the tower? Or maybe he's actually Chuck norris in deep cover, who knows......

... All I Know is hes the captain of the 4th company and in my army he counts as a reclusiarch!!!

Or maybe he's actually Chuck norris in deep cover, who knows......

Hahaha Chuck Norris references never get old...

Anyways here's the Reclusiarch Chapter Master I've been working on...

gallery_55263_5002_60831.jpg

gallery_55263_5002_98330.jpg

gallery_55263_5002_8794.jpg

Still in the bluetac stage and still a few bits and pieces to put on, but what do you all think so far?

Absolutely love the weapon. whos the metal jump pack part from?

Thanks Corby.

The metal jump pack and wings are from Astorath.

The weapon is called "Ansgar" and is a mixture of parts. My gut wrenched when I chopped up my Sanguinary Guard for this!

I'm using Germanic names for all characters in my chapter and at the moment, I'm tossing up between "Aldric" (meaning something like "old ruler") and "Meigenrad" (meaning something like "strong counsel") I've got others but none really appeal to me as much...I think Reclusiarch Chapter Master Meigenrad sounds good. Quite a mouthful though...[EDIT-just changed the spelling a bit]

Here's some WiP shots of former Chapter Master Verrücksein (who is going to count as Lemartes rules wise)

[sorry if these shots look a lil blurry, I've got the shakes atm!]

gallery_55263_5002_102672.jpg

gallery_55263_5002_26181.jpg

gallery_55263_5002_118063.jpg

[This is the only thing I have an issue with, the shaft of the spear ends where the jump pack boosters are. IMO it would be burnt to a crisp but what do you guys think? can I get away with it?]

Verrucksein will be based high as if he is about to spear an enemy. So a nice and high presence.

Going to add some bits and pieces and some greenstuff to both Verrucksein and Meigenrad tonight so expect some more pics soon...

Chaplain Hiltraud

Reclusiarch Chapter Master Meigenrad, greenstuffed, almost ready to paint..

gallery_55263_5002_77921.jpg

gallery_55263_5002_46638.jpg

The only thing I'm not happy with is the greenstuff up in the shoulder, thinking of scrapping that section and starting over.

And this is Verrucksein, based, greenstuffed, almost ready as well.

gallery_55263_5002_56269.jpg

gallery_55263_5002_131852.jpg

That's all for now, c & c welcome?

I'm cross posting Meigenrad in WiP forum too.

Chaplain Hiltraud

Archived