Lemartes Over Normal Chaplain

MuGGzy

Other than the fact that you have to take him with DC, what is the benefit of taking Lemartes over a regular chaplain, there is like 50pts diff and you get just a couple special rules that don't seem all that exciting. Am I missing something?

Why take one over the other?

Um, he's a chaplain with a jump pack, built in feel no pain, a mastercrafted power weapon and a special rule that makes him s6, i6, and 6 attacks. He's a damn wrecking ball once he takes that wound. Also he doesn't take up an elite slot.

I noticed that the DC do not have Descent of Angels and that Lemartes does in his special rules. Am I missing something important?

Sorta. If you check the wargear section, it notes in the jump pack entry that all models with jump packs have Descent of Angels.

I noticed that the DC do not have Descent of Angels and that Lemartes does in his special rules. Am I missing something important?

Sorta. If you check the wargear section, it notes in the jump pack entry that all models with jump packs have Descent of Angels.

I didn't think to look in there. Thanks for clearing that up -_- .

also does that mean my captain gets DoA when i give him a JP?

Yes. Remember that Vanguard Veterans can't use Heroic Intervention if they're joined by an Independent Character, though so don't get any wise ideas. ;)

also does that mean my captain gets DoA when i give him a JP?

Yes. Remember that Vanguard Veterans can't use Heroic Intervention if they're joined by an Independent Character, though so don't get any wise ideas. ;)

hehe, d'oh.

no, i was thinking more of RaS or HG.

Yep BA Jump pack confer the Decent rule to anyone who has it equipped, note that in the case of RAS they do not retain the rule if they remove their Jumppacks

Don't you mean that VAS (or vanguard) do not retain (without jumpacks)?... the RAS have the rule built into their profile.

180pts and then you have to also buy an HQ. Bit pricy.

Why 180pts? :P

Lemartes costs 150pts, 5 points less that a Reclusiarch with Jump Packs.

Then the HQ slot can be used for something more usefull like a Librarian or Astorath for a full DC list.

Other than the fact that you have to take him with DC, what is the benefit of taking Lemartes over a regular chaplain, there is like 50pts diff and you get just a couple special rules that don't seem all that exciting. Am I missing something?

Why take one over the other?

He'd be great if you could take him without jump pack. He can't be singled out in combat, primarily. That's worth a bundle of points right there. It also makes his ability to take a wound and get nastier much better.

As it is, though, he kinda sucks (only because DC with jumppacks cost to much).

Slip of the finger. I meant 150. But yes, the issue I have with him is that you cannot remove his pack, not can you use him to take up a FoC slot.

I'd consider running him at 2000pts+ with a Librarian in Terminator Armour and Storm Shield as my second.

In my opinion, if you are running jump pack DC, Lemartes is a better choice than ajump pack chaplain for his ability not to be singled out, his high Initiative and FNP built in (not to mention his bonus if he takes a wound!)

I would also take Lemartes over a reclusiarch with the DC, assuming the reclusiarch is not the only HQ in the army.

Also you can run Lemartes with non jump pack DC from a stormraven. He just takes up 2 slots so you can go with 10 DC (unlocks 2 DC dreads) and then Lemartes.

When the stormraven finally hits the shelves I plan on going with a DC stormraven delivering that unit and a DC dread :mellow:

I've run all my games with a Reclusiarch up until last weekend. I decided to try out Lemartes instead of the Reclusiarch. Lemartes is nice, and once he gets a wound he's a beast, but he's tied to the squad. The Reclusiarch has saved me numerous times by breaking off from the Death Company and jumping to the side of a Leman Russ or Vindicator to Infernus pistol it to death. Points wise, my Reclusiarch is only 5points less than Lemartes, but he has an extra wound. This lets him stay around longer to keep swinging. While he may not have 7 attacks charging, he does have 5, a really small meltagun, and that extra wound. At first I found that just having the Reclusiarch with a Jump pack and not the squad seemed silly and lame but him breaking off to tie up a squad, annihilate some long fangs, or shoot something else really helps. My last game against Space Furries I had a Vindicator coming at me with a Gray Hunters squad behind it. Breaking off the Reclusiarch allowed him to nuke the Vindicator with his Infernus Pistol so that the death company could charge the Gray hunters behind it. This saved my DC from raging into the vindicator, and in doing so, waste their assault phase. They didn't get the re-rolls to hit and wound, but they got 8 power weapon wounds and 6 normal. So that turn I got the Vindicator, and the Gray Hunters, instead of only the former. I personally stick with the Reclusiarch like I did before. I'm not trying to say Lemartes is a bad choice, once he gets a wound and charges to get 7 attacks with re-rolls to hit and wound at Strength 6 he's nothing to scoff at, I just get better use out of the Reclusiarch. The one thing I dislike, but never had a problem with thus far, is that the Reclusiarch can't hide in a rhino with the DC when he has a jump-pack. This is a moot point however because the Rhino keeps the DC from just running up mid-field to die.

lemartes + 10 DC in a SR. figure out how many PW/TH/PF u wanna put in the squad, throw a HF DC dread on the back, and go win.

may i suggest a RAS10 squad in another SR, with a DC dread on it? (since you have 10xDC, u can take 2 dreads). put the RAS SR "in front" of LOS from your opponent to the DC SR, so it can't get shot down turn one when it turbo-boosts (and thusly you don't lose the DC in the crash).

then win.

Archived