Helllooo, Dark Angels!

Tropicana

Helllooo, Dark Angels! Howdy to all you Unforgiven out there!

I'm verry happy to announce that I will be joining the Ranks of the Unforgiven as of now, fielding the Deathwing!

In a sudden, spur-of-the-moment move to take a brave step into the Hobby, I've snagged...

1,500 Points of Deathwing Killyness

... for £90. Prepped, Assembled, Based. I bet some of you Veterans would have jumped at it. :P

See the Red Link below.

Dark Angels

I'm looking forward to being a 'Somebody' here on the Dark Angels Sub-Forum, so again,

Helllooo Dark Angels!

Expect to hear from me soon! Consider this an Introductory Post, the Predecessor to Greater Things!

That's all, Folks! :P

Tropicana

:)

Welcome!

That's quite a bargain you got there they are well posed and it gives you plenty of painting to do. I also like the take on the Ravenwing, first time I saw them presented in a dismounted pose - though the base size could be problematic in some cases.

I'm no vet by any standards, but that is definitely a deal I would hace jumped on... well, if I didn't already have 30 terminators.

Thanks, HsojVvad and EPK!

I really enjoyed the fact that I could fork out £100, unpack the Miniatures, and use them right away in a game! I love that. I'm going to be heading to the Local Game Store - that's Games Workshop Glasgow in Sunny Scotland - and maybe snag a 750 Point Game or two. Or a Kill Team. :tu:

As for the Painting, I'm going to wait until I'm really confident, so I don't make a mess of these beautifully posed and modelled miniatures.

And the Ravenwing, I loved that; they weren't actually listed as part of the Army List, so I can either use them in Smaller Games instead of one of the Termies, or use them as Objectives. :tu:

Can't Killteam just be, say, 4 Deathwing and a Biker? Or something along those lines? I didn't know it had to be a full Squad?

Unfortunately not by the book. You have to take a base squad, which by DA dex is over 15 points. You could use the 200 point C:SM but than you can't mix in those CC weapons .

On the other hand, with friends or the permission of your opponent perhaps you could go up to 215 pts - or even 245-50 to include a AC. Or, another house rule some came up with was to use "half squads", so you would basically take 3 terminators for appropriate number of points (215 devided by 5 = 43 pts. per x 3 = 129 pts) and add whatever fits.

;) I spent 14 Minutes deciding that it was the coolest thing this side of... Terra. :)

Back on Topic, when I go into the Store on Sunday (if all goes to plan) - I'm a total Newbie, and have never played a Game in there before - what should I say? Just, 'Hi there, I'm new, I've got this Army, can you or another Staffer give me a game or two', to one of the Staffers? Will they say yes?

I believe they will also schedule a day for you if they can't play there and then. A buddy of mine was actually given a little slip or something to come in and get his game on at later date.

Archived