Fiery Weapon

Now THAT'S awesome!

I'll be nabbing that link for my favourites pile if you don't mind, for I see my marines having their power weaponry repainted in the VERY near future...

I might try mixing it up by making green or purple flames - seriously dude, nice tutorial, excellent painting!

Od.

Golden Throne, I just had a better idea!

I'm totally painting my drop pod with this pattern! It's going to go NNNNYYEEEEEEEOOOOWWWWWNGBOOM!!

Hee hee hee!

Golden Throne, I just had a better idea!

I'm totally painting my drop pod with this pattern! It's going to go NNNNYYEEEEEEEOOOOWWWWWNGBOOM!!

Hee hee hee!

As I read that I suddenly sounded quite violent and angry and imitated the explosion........I think I need help :D

as for the weapon that looks sooo good! Well done!

Thats awesome, I dont have fiery orange or sunblast yellow, would it work with blazing orange and sunburst yellow ?

Also could you experiment with other colours because that is a really good tutorial

I shall use it for this guys lightning claws

I dont see a problem with using blazing orange instead of fiery orange and sunburst yellow is the equillent of sunblast yellow so that works!

I was thinking about doing a version that is green and one that is blue, but the tech is the same as you only have to change the colours.

Just thought I should mention that I tried this technique yesterday to give my Terminator Sergeant a fiery power axe. I have to say I'm quite pleased with the results despite the obvious amateur nature of my attempt. I'll post a pic tonight so I can compare!

Loving the fiery weapon tutorial!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Thank you for the tutorial. Do you think Red Gore would work instead of Mechrite? I'm also thinking about doing different colors of flames (Blue and Green) and I think the basics of this tutorial will help.

EDIT: I made a little test, and I love the results. Blue flames didn't work too well, but red ones were awesome. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I love this effect, fantastic tutorial, but I'd suggest only using it on weapons or things that appear to be currently in motion like a swinging axe, it would add serious looking speed and force to it. i find a guy holding a static weapon with that (and he's not stepping over something he killed) would look odd, since its only on the tips

Archived