fleshtearers

Blood angels are pretty brutal But I wanted MOAR brutalness and I played them back when chapter approved was around. oh and theres the fact WE ARE the most awsomely brutal chapter EVER no questions asked and anything said otherwise is Heresy and those who speak it be deemed Heretics.

Blood Angels are too pretty.

Pretty much.

I for one am only interested in the blood part of the Blood Angels. :) The Angelic look/theme isn't my thing. The Flesh Tearers are a darker, nitty gritty, vicious group. In my opinion they're a lot closer to what a Space Marine should be.

Our Chapter Master runs with a 2 hand :cussing chainsword!

Like some others have already said, we have the anger and brutality, even more so than the Blood Angels, and we aren't posh, polished, and Red Ultra-marines. In MY opinion, we are the true poster child of the Astartes. We will kill all enemies of the the Golden Throne of Mankind, any and every way possible, at any and every cost. A coward will die 1000 deaths, but there is only one death for a Flesh Tearer, and that is in battle punishing all enemies of Man for existing. We ARE, the True Angels of Death.

And did I tell you, our Chapter Master Seth chops Land Raiders and Titans in half with a 2 hand :cussing chainsword!

Thats what i like about the flesh tearers. I don't play them myself i have a DIY chapter, but mine is closer to flesh tearers in style then Blood Angels.

Am I correct in assuming flesh tearers don't share the same artistic nature that blood angels do? More functionality over beauty?

edit: only reason i don't play flesh tearers is because I dislike their colour scheme, everything else about them stinks of awesomeness

Flesh Tearers are 100% functionality over artistic nature. It's noted that their equipment looks worn down, in various states of disrepair and paint, but upon closer inspection, they are in excellent working order and condition. We just can't be bothered to keep painting over the las-scarring, and splattered enemies on the treads of our vehicles. We are warriors, soldiers first and foremost. Practical functionality is of the highest tactical importance.

Thats what i like about the flesh tearers. I don't play them myself i have a DIY chapter, but mine is closer to flesh tearers in style then Blood Angels.

Am I correct in assuming flesh tearers don't share the same artistic nature that blood angels do? More functionality over beauty?

I'm confident that the Flesh Tearers have the same appreciation for aesthetic beauty, but simply don't have the time for it. Seth is driving the Chapter to war even more than his predecessors did. That coupled with the Flesh Tearers' own blood thirst likely doesn't leave much time for admiring paintings and sculptures, or even for prettying up their wargear.

awesome background, awesome color scheme, and i have some awesome conversion ideas (CHAINAXES). their whole chapter was at Armageddon, which is one of my favorit parts of 40k fluff, and they were reported to be the only force the orks ever ran away from, but after they got done killing orks they turned on the IG and civilians. this is why they are in big trouble with the inquisition because of their savagery

The seed was planted years ago when I saw them in an old WD i think it was #252... At the time I was in deep whit my IG army and didnt have time for another army... Then I had some time off from the warhammer 40k world... Then a coupple of months before the BA was released, my interest for the Flesh Tearers began to pop again not knowing that they where to be included in the release!!!... Sweet i thought!

Thats my story...

i don't run them, but i think it could be because of their savagery. the fact that they're as feared as other chapters while they're low on numbers.

I don't personally play Flesh Tearers but I can definitely see the appeal.

While the parent Chapter is nicely balanced between brutal bloodletting and angelic nobility, the Flesh Tearers are all brutal bloodletting. The newer fluff for them has injected some nobility into them, but for the most part they remain very heavily weighted in the brutality department. They also are a dying Chapter, even more so than the Blood Angels, which appeals to some people. In addition to this they have an awesome colour scheme and like was mentioned earlier CHAINAXES.

And finally, they got their own Special Character in the new 'dex which has propably helped the cause.

Flesh Tearers are for Blood Angels players who want GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF BRUTALITY. They are UNCOMFORTABLY BRUTAL.

they will let you kick the buts of OVER 9000 TRAITOOORS!

It is not that in the 10,000 years they have been in existence the Flesh Tearers have shown no signs of artistry, it is that they do not spend enough time between engagements to repair and maintain the aesthetics of their equipment. Anything more than essential functional repairs is done last. And with only 400 marines in the entire chapter, they don't have the manpower to repair the gold leaf and filigrees!

And Chain Axes are the coolest.

I thought the Flesh Tearers were so awesome because they're pretty much World Eaters that are still loyal. :devil:

nah, they're more brutal B)

Archived