Thoughts on a unit

dlfleetw

I am building an all-in-one unit consisting of 5 Assault Terminators, a Sanguinary Priest, and a Reclusiarch. Now my question is, should I drop the priest and Chappy into some Terminator Armor thus adding the need to take a Crusader OR let them remain in Power Armor and take a Redeemer?

The added armor save would slightly increase the survivability of the both IC's, it also increases unit size and cost. Any thoughts?

the chaplain shouldn't need termie armour as he has a 4+ invuln anyways and your paying like 30 pts for a +1 to your sv. where as the priest i think could probably use it in that squad(plus he gets a free power weapon for it i think). thats my 2 cents worth but i've done the same thing already and its a psycho deathstar unit. mine was about 800 pts total i think.

the chaplain shouldn't need termie armour as he has a 4+ invuln anyways and your paying like 30 pts for a +1 to your sv. where as the priest i think could probably use it in that squad(plus he gets a free power weapon for it i think). thats my 2 cents worth but i've done the same thing already and its a psycho deathstar unit. mine was about 800 pts total i think.

a storm bolter and the ability to deepstrike as well, though in this case it doesn't add much.

The main reason I was even considering it was Terminators still take up 2 slots per for transportation capacity correct? So I would have to take a crusader if I chose to put both the Chappy and priest in Terminator armor as I would need 14 trans slots versus the 12 I would use with 5 Terminators and two power armored ICs.

I am going to make the squad magnatized so I can switch between Twin LCs and TH/SS (Full LCs or Four TH/SS w/ 1 LCs.) The Thunder Hammers seem much more deadly (and the squad should take out most anything and be able to survive most hells dished at them with 2+/3+ ~ 4+) for taking out medium big things. The LC's more suited to murdering horde armies.

I would think (on paper) that the Hurricane bolters are more versatile, but the flamestorm cannons on the redeemer just sound fun :).

I just build it so I can swap and I can game my way to which one is best (and build lots of extra models B) )

For what it does I'd say a redeemer was the better option, only cause you want a LAnd Raider getting close and mucking things up before a charge. Crusader is still a good option but id still go for the Redeemer, plus my flatmate seems more scared of a redeemer then a crusader hehe.

The load out on the Redeemer Vs the Crusader is the same minus the sponsons. Your goal is to ram that unit down an armies throat, the Redeemer is going to get close as fast as possible, therefore the Flamestorms have the possibility of causing major damage to a lot of things.

On a side note I started building my two Chappy/Reclusiarch last night. One is based on the Lysander Termie model and the other is just a plastic kit bash from the Sanguinary Guard box with a few random bits built/added.

Sanguinary Priest is going to be a bit harder, I have a Terminator Captain half painted from my playing deathwing so I think he will be sacked to use for the base to build one priest in Terminator armor.

The chaplin also looses an attack to get termy armour...and the priest if he takes termy armour dosest gain an aditional attack. personally is stick corboulo in the unit or a priest with powerweapon and bp, i would not really want thermy armour on the priest as then ill likely thinking its ok he has termy armour i can risk a 2+save... and then splat. corbs 3+ with 2+fnp would be nicer for those small hits and stick the armour ignoring hits on the thunderhammer guys.

Archived