STOP! Hammertime?

Alright so. Having debated how to outfit my Codex Marine Chapter Master - fluffwise mostly, ruleswise just to confirm or deny if certain things will fly - I've settled on twin Thunder Hammers as his offensive loadout.

Where can I get THs that look the part, not only to equip the Chapter Master rather than your average grunt, but also that are scaled to Power Armour rather than Hammernator scale? I've been looking around, and haven't really come up with much; Lysander's TH is too heavy on the fist iconography, Cortez' looks like it may actually be a little TOO scaled down...help a brother marine out?

you could try the hammer from the masters of the chapter box thats PA sized

You could pair his hammer (arm comes separate if I'm not mistaken) with Coteaz' Hammer (hand with hammer comes separate). You would only have to file Coteaz' hand of the shaft and you would have a matching pair of non-standard thunderhammers. You should be able to get Coteaz cheap enough from certain auction sites.

Or use these from MaxMini.

Or make your own with a bit of sprue, plasticard and wire.

+edit+

Just saw this:

[...]Cortez' looks like it may actually be a little TOO scaled down...help a brother marine out?

Don't worry about the size. Take a look at this guy. One of my old HQs.

Don't worry about the size. Take a look at this guy. One of my old HQs.

Hell, that's exactly the size I'm looking for. I feel a bit of a twerp.

Having seen it to scale on your dood, Cortez' hammer looks like it could actually be the right kind of size. Maybe pair that with a hammer from MaxMini, or another Cortez hammer being held in a different fashion, and all is gravy.

Thanks for the awesome replies, people. You're a helpful bunch. ^_^

in defense of the warriors of chaos hammers, the actual hammer is pretty much the same size as Cortez's and would be easier to convert being plactic.

I'll have a looksee at those too; I know someone that collects Chaos in most shapes and sizes. :P Thankyou for the suggestion.

Archived