What predator tank to get next?

Trace

Im currently putting together a jump assault army and need ranged fire power. I have one baal predator, a rhino for my DC, and a regular predator. I have a spare rhino body and can't decide whether to turn it into a baal or standard predator. What do you guys think? Other models in my army include assault marines, DC, sanguinary guard, sanguinary priests, and one furioso.

A second Baal Predator. One typically doesn't do it in most games (though it might work in smaller ones of 1K points or less). Two combining their firepower on a single target is beyond brutal, though.

Since its only 1 (Vindicators need two or three in my experience) I'd go for the Baal (Dakka version)

What is the regular predator armed with?

I would go with another Baal Predator since two of them can fire 24 shots at decent range. But if that's not enough for you because the unit you want to shoot at will survive to charge and likely destroying both Baals (like Nob Bikers for example), you can Tank Shock them twice and force them to take two Leadership tests to make them flee (three if you include the Rhino). However if the unit is Fearless or have a reliable high Leadership then I would suggest moving 18" towards a different unit that isn't.

For me they fill the Rhino popping role so 2 extra str 4 shots don't really give me much value for 10 points. That being said I don't have orks or nids in my meta game so maybe they're a steal :lol:

For me they fill the Rhino popping role so 2 extra str 4 shots don't really give me much value for 10 points. That being said I don't have orks or nids in my meta game so maybe they're a steal ;)

Don't forget that you can shoot out of a Rhino with 2 weapons from the troops inside; I'd suggest adding two storm bolters for the sergeant and priest if you were going to take a priest anyway. Now that’s 8 STR 4 shots at 24”on the move.

I find the Dakka Baal great. When i can I field 2 of them. Very multipurpose. Great for decimating troops, popping transports and even with tank hunting they are not that bad. They have rendered their way through the odd Landraider throughut their days.

If you are fielding all jump-packs I think the combi-predator is a great option. Sure, the baal can pop tanks, but the combi-p can do so at great range and with what you are fielding, I doubt you will need another baal for anything besides MCs - which the combi can do okay against anyways.

But magnets are your friend.

I agree magnets rock. I've got 2 Baals fully magnetized.

I'd so go for a Baal or a vindicator. I'm not buying an standard predator until they update the sponsons to be as cool as the Baal Predators.

Archived