Two handed Crozius Arcanum?

Rellik

Has anyone ever customised a Chaplain to have a sweet looking two handed Crozius?

And if so do you think this would increase th strength of his attacks at all?

I was just wondering because I think a Chaplain with jump pack and two handed Crozius leading my death company would look bad ass.

I remember seeing someone on B&C who was making a successor chapter for the BA, he made his High Chaplan also his Chapter Master and attached his crozius to the end of a long pike similar to a halberd, but i think it still has the same attack strength, its already one of the strongest CC weapons you can field anyway

Chaplains can have Power Fists in exchange for their Bolt Pistol. So you can use it the same way Logan Grimnar uses his Axe.

Swing it one handed as a Power Weapon, or Two Handed as a Power Fist.

Dunno if this is the right place to put my question, but i've checked the rulebook several times and still can't find it. Do two-handed weapons give +1 strenght? If so... where is it stated?

Thanks!

Dunno if this is the right place to put my question, but i've checked the rulebook several times and still can't find it. Do two-handed weapons give +1 strenght? If so... where is it stated?

Thanks!

Nope, no +1 strength

Dark Angel Interrogator-Cahplain Barakiel with his Two-Handed Crozius.

Thats my Version of "Count as Powerfist"-Crozius.

Build from a Grey Knights Terminator Weapon and some part from Confrontation...

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff9/Lord_Zymran/Cnv0002.jpg

Hands down count him as Astorath. It is so close to what you are looking to do, but it's a legal character.

It's really a pain trying to design your own characters as GW spends a lot of time and resources playtesting and balancing characters. Unless you are playing a VERY friendly game I would never design my own character rules. It just keeps hassles to a minimum.

Plus, Astorath is already a freaking BEAST.

the no-2h'ed rule is one of the main things about seth that is awesome. its not a power-weapon, but s9 on the charge with FC is just insane. insta-kill almost anything you charge that fails armor saves is niiiiiiice.

course, would be nice if seth had a PW....... and a JP........ and wargear options :eyeroll:

Dark Angel Interrogator-Cahplain Barakiel with his Two-Handed Crozius.

Thats my Version of "Count as Powerfist"-Crozius.

Build from a Grey Knights Terminator Weapon and some part from Confrontation...

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff9/Lord_Zymran/Cnv0002.jpg

Now THAT is cool!

I was inspired by this thread to build a 2 handed crozius... I used the DC thunder hammer and replaced the top with the Sanguinary guard banner top... I think it looks sweet (if i say so myself)

Will try and post pics when i can find my camera...

edit: I intend to do use it as samanagol suggested, and treat it as both powerfist and power weapon (logan style)

I did a conversion on the Legion of Damned Sergeant and made him my Chaplain. The Crozius I took from another Chaplain model is really long and could be considered two handed. I didn't like it at first, but now I think it's pretty cool. Here's a pic.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MYsIuqeU2Ic/TCLvxU4IgII/AAAAAAAAAPs/dzYTnmEvTKw/s1600/DCandChaplain.jpg

To TheHarrower, is that the Crozius from the 2nd ed BA Chaplain? That thing is massive. I know because I cut mine off prior to the new Codex coming out (as part of a planned Chaos Chaplain conversion, I know, I know....) and then when I saw the new DC rules I promptly glued it back on, as I didn't want to have to buy another Chaplain on foot model.

On a related note, the Space Wolves box has a great two-handed Power Axe which would make a really good Crozius. In fact there's even some extra bitz in that pack that look like Crozius heads so you could do some good things with that box alone.

To TheHarrower, is that the Crozius from the 2nd ed BA Chaplain? That thing is massive. I know because I cut mine off prior to the new Codex coming out (as part of a planned Chaos Chaplain conversion, I know, I know....) and then when I saw the new DC rules I promptly glued it back on, as I didn't want to have to buy another Chaplain on foot model.

Not sure if it was a BA specific Chaplain that I took it from, but it was definitely an older model. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I unfortunately don't have a pic on me at work BUT..

I have done the same thing - in an effort to give one of my chaps the ability to swing it as a power fist or a one handed weapon (depending on how I built my list that day).

I used the two handed axe bits from the sanguinary guard and clipped off the end and replaced it with the winged grail bit that is supposed to go on the sanguinary guard banner pole.

I put a death mask helmet at the top of the banner pole instead. :P

Archived