Whatever happened to the Relictors?

valanus

Anyone know? have read that they were declared excommunicate by the big I but also that they are being watched carefully due to their love of shiny new chaos toys to play with... Just interested as I kind of liked their chapter.....

An older story that appeared in the Australian WD (I believe) had them declared as renegades by an Inquisitor, their space fort attacked and nearly destroyed, and only a few survivors fighting their way out. The survivors were pursued by the Grey Knights, but we don't know what happened after that. This was all supposed to take place some time after the Thirteenth Black Crusade of Abaddon the Despoiler.

The latest Codex: Space Marines appears to be regressing the timeline to a point during the Third War for Armageddon, when the Relictors were still on a penance crusade.

I remember something about there supposedly being around 200 left after the purge who possibly fled into the Eye of Terra. It was unclear whether they were just trying to use more Chaos stuff in their fight or if they actually turned traitor themselves.

Its all about the dates. Read up on the grey knight attack on the Relictors Ramillies class star fort. CHECK this out(thanks to URZA) If memory serves me this is dated in the last year of the 41st millenium. The current marine dex indicates that the Relcitors are still part of the Imperium. Just use a loyalist dex for pre Excomunication or choas dex for a more "The End Justifies The Means" army.

Personally I'm now using the Blood angel dex now. Librarians have command squads and the Librarian Dreadnoughts swung me over. Red thirst is a bit tricky. I'm using that as a reflection of the relcitors faith in their mission. Also the 1/6 chance would be a could way of representing potential affects of choas icons in squads.

Sanguinary priests are being used as potential choas artifact/icon bearers.

Edited by heretic??ME??