2nd founding death company

spiros14

Whilst i was browsing the death company sprues i noticed it seems impossible to make death company without using a BA symbol (notably one of the torsos)

so how do you guys, who do 2nd founding chapters, make them, do you use other bitz? ignore it and say they're all techniqually BA anyway, or somthing else?

The successor chapters of the BA are generally REALLY tight with their founding legion. It wouldn't surprise me if they used some iconography so long as it wasn't in official places like the shoulder pads or company banners. The symbols of the successor chapters generally incorporate pieces of the BA symbol anyway (either a blood drop or wings).

Also, it would make sense to display some blood angel iconography on the death company. The death company have visions of themselves as Sanguinius. It seems fitting that they display elements of the original legion. (ninja'd by burningblood!)

You can also think of it in this way- the members of the DC think they're Sanguinius. So that could account for Blood Angel Iconography in the DC throughout the second founding chapters.

they don't add ornamentation to the armor when a marine falls...they just paint the armor black...

but personally i have always preferred having successors be tight with their 'parent' chapter, so some 1st found icons wouldn't be out of place.

Archived