Belial Conversion Concept

LokisSword

Hey guys,

Started thinking about putting together my Belial model for my DW and started sketching on top of a photo of an "old skool" terminator.

I was originally thinking of using them in a command squad but then I got started on thinking about Belial <_<

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae137/LokisSword/Dark%20Angels/Belial-Concept.jpg

I've gone a little light on the doodad detail on the shoulders, but I'd imagine using stuff off the DA sprue with some fine gauge jewellers chain, etc.

The extra armour plates would have to be either ultra-thin styrene or *gulp* sculpted in greenstuff.

What do people think? Belial doesn't seem very strongly fleshed out in the fluff, other than Piscina.. I kinda used the fact he was very badly injured to explain why he's wearing a totally enclosed suit, extra support systems, etc. I'd also imagine a company master having a fine suit of armour passed down, worked on by articifers for centuries - hence the Mk2 termie armour.

I also need to locate a watcher in the dark and a suitably impressive / sizeable sword to represent his PW. I think I'm going to have the WitD carry the sword...

Let me know what you like and what you don't - I'm more than open to changes.

Thanks,

LokisSword

I really like the idea - I think that will make for an impressive and rather unique miniature.

How are your sculpting skills? I think some of the details you're planning to add would look good if sculpted (swords aren't that hard to do!).

sounds good. but are you going to chop up the old termie and make him larger to fit in with the new size termies or not? other wise he might look a little out of sorts. other than that its looking smart, really like the mkII termie armour.

Wow. That would look stunning and really one-of-a-kind. I´ll drop the large wings thing at the back, I totally dislike them. But Im speaking from personal taste, of course. To replace them I´ll go with something more iconical, like the obvious wings-for-helmet of the vet sprue or something less seen as wings from some dwarf helmet or even those little skeleton ravens from the Khemri chariot with their body chopped up.

I like the wings and I think they'll add the necessary 'bulk' to the older model to fit with the newer termies.

Be careful with the tabbard in the front – the way it comes over Belial's hips it looks more like a racey skirt with thigh slits ;). If it were a 'proper' tabbard it would start on a narrower front at the top and just hang down.

Cheers

I

Archived