500 pt starter army with DC

Mateo

Hello everyone, I recently decided that I would like to get back in to the hobby. I use to have space marines quite a few years back when I was young like 10 and didn't know the rules I just like the look. Now that I'm older I wanted to start playing something small 500 pts. the reason why a small budget and not so much free time with college and soccer(football).

I was looking at blood angels (particularly the Flesh Tearers or a Death Company heavy army) or regular codex space marines (Iron Hand successor/ blood ravens/ or red scorpions) ) as a possible army for me. Now I really like the Death Company and I was wondering if it was possible to field a DC army at 500 points? Can anyone help me make up an army list? (I plan to make a trip soon to get the Blood Angel Codex) I have some bits that I could use to make them and well black shouldn't be to hard for a beginner to paint.

P.S.

Any modeling tips, painting, tactics advice would be greatly appreciated :mellow:

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot.

- Mateo

The only way to get multiple DC units is with an HQ character who costs almost half your points limit. However, the Death Company come in enormous units, so if you take a large one and a related choice like a Reclusiarch, it will be very clear what kind of army you are using.

To field an all DC army, you would need Astorath the Grim as your HQ, which will cost you 220 points right from the start. After that, bare minimum DC with no upgrades cost 60 points, but once you start adding upgrades and jump packs they go up quickly. You might want to either move up to 1000 points, or take one DC and one Assault squad.

Archived