Russ / Wolves Question

increaso

And the Thousand Sons had their sorcery to fall back on, they'd read enough books they should have destroyed the Wolves.

Not really. They had the Sisters against them, plus the Custodes and that fact the whole thign was a suprise. Plus their primarch did not come into play until the very end.

They had a Titan under their power, shields protecting them from orbital bombardment and Tzeentch manipulating things. (Though this might be why the TS's were routed)

That was one of the reasons why they lost actually, because Tzeentch ultimately screwed them over. And the shields would have been removed if Magnus had anything to say about it. Magnus was doing his best to destroy his own Legion and help out the Wolves before the battle even began.

They still had a Titan, the Space Wolves had a planetary invasion force, no superheavies, just standard kit and good old Fenrisian grit.

Magnus didn't take the shields down and it was very likely significant, destroying a portion of the foe with orbital bombardments would have made their job of destroying the Legion much easier.

Also, the Thousand Sons could still use their sorcery, as shown at various intervals.

Quite possibly, yes.

The space wolves gene seed is probably the oddest of them all. The Canis Helix means that if needed, a Space Wolf can literally go super-space-marine-psycho. Makes them stronger, faster, more savage and tougher to boot! The only other legion that could keep up with sort of gene is the World Eaters who can only do it because their psycho-primarch decided they weren't crazy enough.

I know I'm a little late here, but anyway...!

The Space Wolves had alot of help, and Magnus wasn't involved, but I think the end result would still be the same if these things were in the Thousands Sons' favour. They won so completely against the Thousand Sons with this the assistance I think it shows they didn't really need it to win totally and if Magnus was there Russ would have gunned for him sooner and potentially destroyed the morale of the Legion. Just my opinion of course.

But I definitely get the impression that the Space Wolves were designed as shock troops and there is definitely an element of them to be ideal troops against the forces of Chaos and sorcery, rather than just simple Legion killers.

Not a conscience decision from them of course, but it could very well be a decision from the Emperor, long ago, to turn them into such a force...

Archived