Dornian Heresy

Since the creation of the Dornian Heresy I have had a few ides as to how the armies could be converted and such so these are just my ideas so far collected into one. If anyone has any conversion or modeling ideas of their own feel free to share

WORLD EATERS

This conversion isn't really a conversion it's just using Blood Angel Sanguinary Guard to represent Vanguard and characters. I can picture a World Eater captain with a shaved grizzeled head (chaos terminator lord), a torso from the SG, World Eaters shoulder guards minus the Khorne bits, a chain axe made from an Ork nob axe, running legs from the assault sprue and the roman looking loin cloth from the SM captain sprue. Of course thats just the captain you could do the same thing for Vanguard and such.

WORD BEARERS

Again not really a conversion. Just combine the DA robes with BT chained bolters and their you go. I'm not sure how you would do the whole curtain over the shoulder guard bit (not a big fan of that idea)

THOUSAND SONS

This is basically using BT tabards minus the crosses and such

BLOOD ANGELS

To get the canabalistic look for the Nurgle Blood Angels I would get the heads from the WHFB Vampire Counts Ghouls as the Ghouls are canabils (don't think I spelled that right) anyway and they do come with some gnawed bones and such. Also for a NBA captain you could use the head of the Corpse Cart driver. It has long flowing hair, a gaunt face and fangs plus you could use the sword and corpse bits on your models to.

There should be a cloth drape-like bit in the Tact. squad set perfect for the Word Bearers' shoulder cloth. It's something I've been thinking of too, perhaps to accompany Grey Knights. I also imagine the Khorne Berserker kit would mesh very well with the PA Space Wolf kit. It'll even give you the lovely Power Fists which work so well in Berserker squads.

Loving this thread! It would be absolutely brilliant to see some Dornian Heresy miniatures / conversions. :lol:

The reason behind the cloth drape for the Word Bearers was that their commanding officer would divine their will of the Emperor and swap them between Tactical, Devastator and Assault duties seemingly at random, and rather than the squad having to repaint their squad designator on that shoulderpad whenever it changes, they use the coloured votive cloth idea.

Rather than just the full drape, this could just as well be shown in other ways such as with much smaller strips, like large purity seals.

Oh, and the red tabard is not essential for all WB - not all would have it by any means. The area of cloth could vary from the full cloak and tabard right up to plain power armour. Well, armour covered in tiny fiddly script from the Book of Lorgar. It just gave a slightly more monk-like feel to the painter image, and the red colour spookily echoed the norm-'verse colour-change of the Chaos-corrupted Word Bearers. :)

Regards,

Aurelius.

[n]Space Wolves:[/b]

Similar to the normal Space Wolves but with Chaos/Khornate bits here and there. Spiked helmets/shoulderpads/armour, extra gore on the weapons. More mutations, since Space Wolves have that canine feel and the older Khorne stuff as well you might want to combine that.

Blood Angels:

Carrion wings, for units such as a warped Sanguinary Guard. Zombie and Ghoul bits for the marines, especially the heads would be fitting. Leaders might have been rewarded daemonhood, I guess a nurgle-esque version of the Nightbringer model would be very fitting!

Archived