A new tactic for compeitive BA lists

I've been using this tactic for awhile now. My ard boyz list had 12 pods in it, which let me drop 3 dreads w/ MM and heavy flamers down alongside a furioso w/ melta and Heavy flamer(and talons of course), as well as 2 melta spammed HG units(1 w/ tycho, 1 w/Libby). All the 1st rounder pods had lbs and death wind launchers. I'd follow these guys in w/ 2 9 man RAS w/sang priests, 3 tacs, and another furioso. (and quiet all you tac haters, I love tacs.)

Really fun list to play, and it's soooooo fluffy. I love drop pod Astartes armies. It's like your playing an army straight out of a BL novel... And winning with it!

Your tactics and list boil down to a typical alpha strike list but not leaf blower.

As with any tactic, you want to maximize the odds of what you want to happen while minimizing the odds of what you do not want to happen.

With that in mind, you are pushing your DoA ability quite a bit as the odds maximizer to your units getting in on the board as quickly as you might need them. Good idea, but you can put yourself in a bad situation if an enemy has anything that neutralizes that re-roll by adding to your reserve rolls. You mentioned that if need be you could just then Storm Raven onto the board, but this is not your first choice of tactic and more of your back-up plan.

I do know that your tactics of mass deep striking would hit a snag against rune priest spam lists just with the 24" "unhappy" zones they will create. Dangerous terrain tests when deep striking, dangerous terrain tests each time you move and dangerous/difficult terrain tests when you assault is just a whole lot of possibly problematic dice rolling.

I've been using this tactic for awhile now. My ard boyz list had 12 pods in it, which let me drop 3 dreads w/ MM and heavy flamers down alongside a furioso w/ melta and Heavy flamer(and talons of course), as well as 2 melta spammed HG units(1 w/ tycho, 1 w/Libby). All the 1st rounder pods had lbs and death wind launchers. I'd follow these guys in w/ 2 9 man RAS w/sang priests, 3 tacs, and another furioso. (and quiet all you tac haters, I love tacs.)

Really fun list to play, and it's soooooo fluffy. I love drop pod Astartes armies. It's like your playing an army straight out of a BL novel... And winning with it!

how did this list do? the deathwinds and locator beacons seem to be a huge unnecessary points sink. all told on all the turn 1 pods thats 180 points. if you made one of the turn 2 pods 10xDC with bolters (or maybe 5-6 and seth.....), you would save on the sang priest AND have more than enough for a flamer DC dread in pod.

how did tycho do? i wanna put him on the field, but he seems to want to die and be mediocre.

edit: also, put serious consideration to the turn 2 furioso having a frag cannon & hvy flamer. 3 templates, with all those tanks getting popped on turn 1, would be happiness.

Archived