New DA Initiate

CaptGarro

Hi ya'll.

I've been thinking about many things (some IA, a bit of painting and modelling/converting) But there's been only one constant for my whole 40K "career". To start an Dark Angels (or just marine-) army.

Well, not excactly DA, I've been thinking of disciples of caliban, it would be cool to make the company/chapter master carry a humongous scroll full of names, amongst the other relics.

I've been thinking about some units, like the scouts: Does anyone use them? Or are the Veterans competent, or does everybody just take Belial plus three dreadnoughts and Termies as troops?

Also, what would be an good army composition? I think the Deathwing might be the favourite over at the army lists section, but what if I didn't want just boys in white? Or not just pure ravewing either? Also, where do you get your robed figures/robes IN EUROPE? I'd prefer not to use Ebay, since I have a finnish forum where there are figures for sale cheaper.

Just not... robes, I guess, and Maelstrom games (from where I usually buy) only has the veterans box, And I'd hate to buy it for my tactical marines (only five models)

Wonder if there was anything else... I guess I'll add it later if I can remember.

Everybody, remember, those green-armoured heretics are not unforgiven despite their clear dark angels iconography!

Garro out.

well if you got the bases for them and spec weapons

than the chapter upgrae sprue supplys 10 men i do believe all in robes plus other bits and bobs

order these things of the gw website mate

it costs the same as veterans box

Everybody, remember, those green-armoured heretics are not unforgiven despite their clear dark angels iconography!

I LOLL'ed pretty good about that. That would be a good sig. I usually say yes they are DA, but they are Fallen :HQ:. All in good fun though.

Thing is that many marine options are much better/cheaper in the C:SM so... why do DA? :)

I bought the RW box some years ago, 6 bikes, a LS and an AB is quite the basics for a Ravenwing... though It would be much nicer if you could get a "smaller" set of say 3 bikes, 1 AB and 1 LS, since that ratio probably works out better (else you end up with A LOT of bikes).

Deathwing and Ravenwing are the only "unique" list-wide configurations we can make... besides that, you'll probably find other codex better at the job, IMHO.

Hope it helps!

I'm using C:DA because it's not the real DA if you use the wrong codex and just paint the marines green.

Then you definitely should buy the Ravenwing set. Apart from the bikes and the landspeeder with all their Ravenwing specific bitz, it's got tons of DA-specific iconography for your vehicles, Dreadnought leg armour and sarcophagus covers, bitz that can be used to make DA standards, scrolls, purity seals - it's a huge part of what you need to make the difference between dark green space marines and real Dark Angels. It would be worth it even with just the basic bikes and speeder, but with all the extras it's a gold mine.

Dave

Archived