Color Scheme for a new 40k player

Mateo

Hello everyone I'm trying to get back into the game unfortunately it happens to be during the new edition so its going to be quite costly. I have some random space marine bits from the last time I tried getting into the hobby. I purchase a figure from ebay and he had a color scheme similar to this and with the raven wing chapter badge. I hope to get a picture of the mini up soon.

sm.php?b62c=@i84nC_hKLjy.hkYEP@@@@@@@h3AOO@.@@__@@@@_@@@_@@_@_@@@@@@@@@@@..@@@@@@@@@@@@@.iakk7&grid=TRUE

The only difference is that the bone armor is outlined in white on the chest. I believe it called highlighted with white? I was wondering how difficult you think this color scheme would be for a new beginner with no prior experience ? Also is their any chapter that you guys thing will be easier for a beginner to paint? I was thinking the Celestial Lions or a similar gold armor chapter would be easy and fast.

Thanks

Welcome to the B&C Brother Mateo!

This scheme actually shouldn't be too difficult for you to accomplish if you don't have prior painting experience. Have you just never painted a Warhammer miniature before? Or have you never painted any model before?

Armor

1. Coat the model in a white primer

2. Undercoat/Base coat the model with Bleached Bone

3. Highlight the edges of the armor with Skull White

4. Apply a wash of Gryphonne Sepia over the entire model making sure to get it into all the crevasses

Soft Armor

5. Paint a 50:50 mix of Chaos Black & Codex Grey on the soft armor and hoses

6. Apply a wash of Badab Black over the Chaos Black/Codex Grey mixed areas

Trim

7. Paint Red Gore on the trim areas

8. Highlight the Red Gore trim areas with Blood Red

9. Apply a wash of Baal Red on the red trim areas

Eyes

10. Paint the eyes Regal Blue

11. Highlight the eyes with Ultramarine Blue

12. Apply a light wash of Asurmen Blue over the eyes

Paints Needed

White Primer

Bleached Bone

Skull White

Red Gore

Blood Red

Codex Grey

Chaos Black

Regal Blue

Ultramarine Blue

Washes Needed

Gryphonne Sepia

Badab Black

Baal Red

Asurmen Blue

Base and seal your model and you're done. I'm sure that there are several other recipes that the members of the B&C can come up with for you for this scheme. This is just the way I'd tackle your scheme. Good luck & post pictures for us when you start painting!

Sorry, I guess I should have stated I have never painted a mini before in any other games. Thank you very much I think it will help me a lot.

I do see what you mean by a lil pinkish , the end result will be a little different and less pinkish.

Do any of you guys have name suggestions for this space marine chapter? I'm pretty much stuck with having the badge the ravenwing marines use.

I do like the sound of Angels of the Abyss. It sounds grim and dark. The Angels could tied them to the Blood Angels which im torn between them and regular space marine army.

Do any of you guys know a easy way to post picture on the B&C?

Do any of you guys know a easy way to post picture on the B&C?

Click on the 'My Albums' link at the top of the page. Create a user album and upload your images. When you're viewing your images in your album, it will provide you with a several different links to use for posting. Copy the 'BBCode' link and post.

What kind of quality are you looking for? If you're looking for a basic tabletop, then seriously consider The Army Painter's Skeleton Bone primer. It's almost like Bleached Bone, kind of a light cream color. After that, just do a thin Skull White edge highlight (and/or add a light shade with some thinned down Gryphonne Sepia). You could use a 50/50 mix of Mechrite Red/Blood Red for the red parts, after that it's just picking out the details in colors you like.

Bone Ravens?

Awesome idea :D

As for painting, take your time, let the paint dry before you start another coat and tidy up and colour runs...ie if you get red from a knee pad on a leg...repaint the leg bone again. BE PATIENT

Good luck, we look forward to seeing your 1st attempts.

Archived