painting white scars

Hi guys,

I am quite tempted to get a white scars army but im not a very good painter(see my signature!). I love the look of the white scars strike force iceblade on page 107 of the space marine codex. Does anyone have any tips on painting my white scars so that they look that good? Any idea how they got that nice crisp white?

Thanks for your help guys...

I spray my White Scars with a white primer, then apply a watered-down wash of Badab Black, then highlight with Skull White, and then add details with red. Check the last couple of pages of my WIP thread if you want to see how they turn out (link in my signature).

• 3 months later...

GW White Scars, depending on how you want to go, can have as many as 12 layers of shading/highlighting. I am using this scheme for my Bhramastras making them look like Korsarro Khan's armour..

Base coat:

Graveyard earth + SW grey

Blending into

SW Grey + Kommado Kakhi

Blending into

SW Grey

Blending into

SW Grey + white

Wash with Devlan (think)

Apply thin Charadon in the deepest recesses

Reapply SW grey + White

FInal highlight of white

So far I'm pretty pleased but this is really a GD standard scheme, not for a whole army - for that I would skip a lot of the steps - start with SW Grey + Kommando, wash with a couple of washes of Devlan mud, highlight SW grey and then white.

• 1 month later...

Archived