The Guardian Angels

Dark Dajin

So I've begun to write a history for my home-made chapter, and I have come here to find a sounding board. Hopefully as the story progresses, you can point me at flaws in the fluff or give some other form of feedback. :(

Here goes:

==========

The Guardian Angels are a Chapter unlike any other in existence. Descendants of the First Legion

after their reunion with their Primarch Lion 'el Jonson, they are fiercly proud of their heritage. Their

origins can be traced back to an expedition sent out by the Lion, to investigate rumors from Rogue

Traders about a large depot of working Archeotech behind a neigh impenetrable veil of warpstorm

activity.

[ ] Hoping to gain an edge over the then still loyal warmaster and rival Horus, the Lion sent Chapter

Commander Dajin with his Grand Cruiser, The Defiance, to find this cache. Accompanied by a large

contingent of techpriests commanded by a Magos, the Defiance set off to find a safe route through

the warp.

The plan was doomed to fail however, as Chapter Commander Dajin was highly suspicious of psykers.

The few navigators that were on board The Defiance quickly succumbed to the ravenous powers of

the warp. The lone master librarian that the Lion assigned to The Defiance was no match for the

powers of the warp either, as the protective hood of the librarian failed under the constant strain.

The witch killed two whole squads of Dark Angels before Chapter Commander Dajin himself cut off

his head, reinforcing his suspicious nature.

[ ] Without psykers to guide The Defiance to the warp it was doomed to wander forever, were it

not for a string of luck or misfortune that led to the failure of the ship's warp drive. Instead of the ship

being lost in the warp, it was hurled out of the warp at great speed. The Defiance found itself near the

sun of an unknown star system. As the ship was pulled around the star by gravitational forces, a huge

man-made construct, rivalling even The Tower of Angels in size, came into view. It was what the Defiance

was sent out to find, an ancient space station from the dark age of technology.

D'oh, don't really want to cross a chapter as old as that. But I can't for the life of me think of another name at the moment. :P

Have been using this chapter name for the past 3 years, so yeah..

In any case, I was mostly wondering if I got the whole warp engine and getting lost thing right. Not really sure what would happen to a ship that has lost it's navigators, since fluff would point out that without navigators the ship is lost in the warp. Couldn't they just turn off their warp drive? :lol:

You might want to head on over to the Liber Astartes subforum, wherein can be found all kinds of resources for aspiring Chapter creators.

There's also the Octaguide in my sig, if you want a lot of reading. :woot:

Wow, that Octaguide is very handy. Although I wasn't intent on writing an actual IA, I could use a lot of the pointers to write the history =]

Perhaps you could assist in turning the history into IA form after I've fleshed out most of the details?

Archived