TLAC Razorbacks

The Land Raider Crusader sprue is probably your best choice. The Aslt Cn go right onto the Razorback in the same way as the standard HBs and lasers. Not to mention the 9 million spare bitz that come with it.

If you want to get creative you can probably find one hundred variants on the web. I like using the old, round, metal Predator Annihilator turret. Or even one of the Forge World tarantula turrets, they're taller than the FW Razorback turrets, with the Crusader Aslt Cn.

Check out this link.

It's an e-bay auction for a sprue that comes with 6 assault cannons and other assorted bits. Should be easy to make the asscan's fit to your razorbacks however you like, and with 6 cannons included in the package it's a pretty good value when compared to other means of aquiring them I'd say.

I found this sprue from a very nice blog call DED'ARD, check it out sometime he has some nice conversions and thoughts on the BA.

I haven't bought the razorback yet, but I was going to use 2 spare assault cannons I had from a couple of landspeeders... But the best option (also the most expensive one) would be the LRR pack.

Try to get bits from someone with a Ravenwing Battleforce. Those things come with an insane number of plastic assault cannons that work perfectly for Razorbacks with a little conversion. I just did this myself and am now the proud owner of three Razorbacks with twin-linked assault cannons.

Check out this link.

It's an e-bay auction for a sprue that comes with 6 assault cannons and other assorted bits. Should be easy to make the asscan's fit to your razorbacks however you like, and with 6 cannons included in the package it's a pretty good value when compared to other means of aquiring them I'd say.

I found this sprue from a very nice blog call DED'ARD, check it out sometime he has some nice conversions and thoughts on the BA.

Don't bother. I just bought it. :rolleyes:

With 3 more Stormravens to build and sell I really need those cannon. The Land Speeder AssCans are a little small for the Razorback turret anyway.

Don't bother. I just bought it. :pinch:

With 3 more Stormravens to build and sell I really need those cannon. The Land Speeder AssCans are a little small for the Razorback turret anyway.

Don't worry, they re-add these auctions fairly frequently. I've purchased a few of them already. :devil:

Are those the LRC ones, or which ones?

No, they are converted from the Dark Angels Land Speeders. There are from the LRC:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MYsIuqeU2Ic/S8-_dH4WqwI/AAAAAAAAAHg/rPmFelwLpbc/s1600/sideview2.jpg

As to the Assault Cannons being too small for the Razorback, I'd have to disagree.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MYsIuqeU2Ic/S8-_arM-54I/AAAAAAAAAHY/01EY4UFxTG0/s1600/sideview1.jpg

That's actually better looking than the LRC guns. I had meant that simply mounting them "as is" they were too small. I hadn't considered using the HB body to do it. Very nice.

That's actually better looking than the LRC guns. I had meant that simply mounting them "as is" they were too small. I hadn't considered using the HB body to do it. Very nice.

Thanks! It's an easy conversion and the cheapest way I found to do it. The next thing I am trying to figure out is how to do a twin-linked heavy flamer.

I can actually help out there.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb219/Brother_Daniel/twinHFturret1.jpg

Since I didn't use the HF on my Baal I stuck them on the Razorback turret facing backwards to allow for fuel hoses and a tiny bit of extra reach. You can use nearly any armored cowling you please over the guns, I used a cut down spare from a Land Raider. There are several decent ideas floating around on this board.

Since I didn't use the HF on my Baal I stuck them on the Razorback turret facing backwards to allow for fuel hoses and a tiny bit of extra reach. You can use nearly any armored cowling you please over the guns, I used a cut down spare from a Land Raider. There are several decent ideas floating around on this board.

Actually the razorback turret cowling (hood to us yanks) does not fit on top of the two heavy flamers from the Baal predator sponsons when they are attached to the razoback turret weapon mount bit. I found that out the hard way after I purchased two sets of the Baal heavy flamers on ebay. So I think I'm going to pick up two of the land raider crusader packs for the ass can turrets and the cowlings (hoods) for my HFs. Also means I wont have to monkey around with magnets if I want to swap the ass cans for lascannons. Between the cost of the Ravenwing ass can bits and the magnets I wouldn't really save that much money over just ordering the LRC pack direct from GW for $19.75 USD.

I can actually help out there.

That looks pretty cool. Are the fuel hoses from the baal as well?

Yup. I just cut the hoses clear and bent them to fit.

@Captain Psycho: To us "Yanks" the hood is what the Brits call the bonnet, it goes over the engine of a car. A cowling is a perfectly accurate term for the armor bit on the Razorback turret. :P

The Baal Pred flamers can be made to fit just fine in a Razorback turret. I just cut down the heavy bolters and did a similar cut and shut job on the flamers to match.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/paulj1965/GW%2040K/DCRhino002crop.jpg

golly PJ1933, that black Razorback is exactly what I was planning for my Reclusiarch + 5 DC (Forge World DC bits and HF turret). I'm assuming you cut the heavy bolters in the middle, just before the ammo belt. Did you have to use a razor saw or just a regular hobby knife?

Yup. I just cut the hoses clear and bent them to fit.

@Captain Psycho: To us "Yanks" the hood is what the Brits call the bonnet, it goes over the engine of a car. A cowling is a perfectly accurate term for the armor bit on the Razorback turret. :D

LMAO - I'd never heard of a "cowling" so I googled it and assumed it was what Brits called a hood, I guess I should have checked your profile!

The Baal Pred flamers can be made to fit just fine in a Razorback turret. I just cut down the heavy bolters and did a similar cut and shut job on the flamers to match.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/paulj1965/GW%2040K/DCRhino002crop.jpg

That looks really cool, but I think he flamers are way too short. If you ever had to shoot to the front, you'd be hitting your own tank. I want to do something more like the baal flamestorm turret and make it longer. Otherwise, very cool tank!

Archived