Codexiness?

PH34RB0T

'Ello there, everyone.

I'm starting to put together an Exorcists army, and I realize that they're technically a Codex Adherent chapter, but I feel like the shiny toys that the BAs got this time around might better convey their essence.

So, here goes my question...

How easy is it to "hide" a BA-based army as a codex adherent army? I don't mean like using the shiny new Stormraven or an excessive number of Drop Pods, but would I have to take a whole bunch of overly BA units to be competitive?

Just want to understand better what you mean by Codex Adherent? Do you mean paint schemes and organisation or what?

I just would point out that the Blood Drinkers are use Codex Astartes heraldry

I think its not too difficult.

You'll need some good fluff to represent our army wide stuff like red thirst or the Priests abilities.

But, aside from that, if you want adherent styled BA, you're looking at fast marines (as the only plus).

Id stray away from Assault squad guys in razorbacks (powerful, but possibly unfluffy for what you want.

BA still have a great amount of options that not many BA players play with. You may find new synergy in things like bikers, scouts, scout bikers and termies that BA players sometimes overlook because of the obvious options of other things.

Good luck !

As far as I know, the Exorcists are pretty much codex-adherent, and use a lot of Scouts due to their heavy losses during recruting their "chaos-proof" members.

Scouts you can easily use with both C:SM and C:BA, in C:SM you have the advantage of the Land Speeder Storm, which we don´t have access to, as well as Tellion, who is quite a badass.

And, of course, using C:BA would limit your unit choice as long as you want to play a fluffy army:

- no Baal Predators

- no Furiosos(well, maybe Ironclad equivalent)

- no Death Company(Exorcists have a pure geneseed if I am not mistaken, and can not even be affected by the might of the Chaos-gods, and therefore evil madmen don´t really fit to the army)

- Stormraven is acceptable, as it will most likely be included in C:SM when it gets updated

- Sanguinary Priests(if you don´t find a fluffy theme for them, that is. Maybe apothecaries with something special to justify FC? Still, might get difficult)

Well, that would be the list. Maybe you should think about switching to BA when C:SM might be fitting better. Both are nice codizes, but C:BA conveys a rather aggressive, assault squad heavy theme for most players, while still being able to have quite some variety when building lists.

I am convinced that C:SM is the better choice here, but decide as you wish.

But, I don´t think that it is hard to use Exorcists as a BA-army in disguise.

Snorri

Archived