Undercoating BA's

Cstriker01

Planning on painting my BA's a deeper red (closer to Flesh Tearers red) with blood red highligts and I was curious as to the best color to undercoat them with.

Usually I use black on my minis, and I picked up Mechrite red to do base coats. I'll be planning on then putting down Red Gore and blending with Blood Red. Thanks for any help!

Planning on painting my BA's a deeper red (closer to Flesh Tearers red) with blood red highligts and I was curious as to the best color to undercoat them with.

Usually I use black on my minis, and I picked up Mechrite red to do base coats. I'll be planning on then putting down Red Gore and blending with Blood Red. Thanks for any help!

you'll need less coats using the white. I've done both and it took at least 3 coats of red gore to get a nice red color without the super dark showing underneath. White basecoat with 1 quality coat on a different army got me a nice red. I was using blood red on that one and wanted a very light red but using mechrite or red gore should get you a nice red over white.

Archived