I want to start the Blood Angels.....

Prototype

I like the Blood Angels rules in terms of their heavy skew towards melee and their sheer ferocity, but I'm not a big fan of the whole "space vampire" feel they have.

That said, I'm hoping for some help on the following:

1) What does a good Blood Angel army look like? I was told by my friend to go fully mechanised with them. Due to money issues I always like to start with a solid core army first, rather than buying and then regretting ><

2) This is the part I really need some help with. I want to make a chapter thats unique and different, using the Blood Angels rules but I'm not sure what kind of theme and color scheme to use. I'm an anime-watching person so theres honestly very very little that translates well into an entire army, particularly color-scheme wise since most anime are immensely gaudy. The problem however with more "monochromatic" color schemes is that pretty much every color already officially has a chapter with that color!

I really hope you guys could please help me brainstorm on this. I'm fairly inexperienced and not very "exposed", and frankly I'm not the most imaginative person. My many thanks in advance!

-Prototype-

I like the Blood Angels rules in terms of their heavy skew towards melee and their sheer ferocity, but I'm not a big fan of the whole "space vampire" feel they have.

That said, I'm hoping for some help on the following:

1) What does a good Blood Angel army look like? I was told by my friend to go fully mechanised with them. Due to money issues I always like to start with a solid core army first, rather than buying and then regretting ><

2) This is the part I really need some help with. I want to make a chapter thats unique and different, using the Blood Angels rules but I'm not sure what kind of theme and color scheme to use. I'm an anime-watching person so theres honestly very very little that translates well into an entire army, particularly color-scheme wise since most anime are immensely gaudy. The problem however with more "monochromatic" color schemes is that pretty much every color already officially has a chapter with that color!

I really hope you guys could please help me brainstorm on this. I'm fairly inexperienced and not very "exposed", and frankly I'm not the most imaginative person. My many thanks in advance!

-Prototype-

so here you go. pick a color..favorite color...a color you'd be happy sing on your models. you can use the codex for BA and not be red. Just come up with a cool name you like. If the coor you want is taken by another chapter just change it a little. Let's say you like blue. Check the ultramarine codex to see what variants the ultramarines and then change something about em. Like blue shoulders, boots, helms and everything else is black or some other color that would compliment the blue. The cool thing about this hobby is you can be as creative as your mind will let you. BTW theres only 1 group of blood angels that actuallly drink blood all vampiry like. They're the blood drinkers and the knights in blood are just ferocius killing machines. All the other blood angels are not psychotic.

I just switched to BA from BT and for my color scheme I am going a deeper crimson red with black trim closer to flesh tearers however mine are still going to be Blood angels. Instead of yellow helms I am going to do bone colored for my assault and veteran units and probably black for devastators

Really like thundrchickn said go with what YOU want to see storming across the battle field.

As far as going totally mechanized... you can really do whatever you'd like. There's no "one" way to field Blood Angels effectively. I play an all jump pack army and win far more often than I lose. The Blood Angels core troops are great. In my opinion that's where they shine the most.

I would recommend you come up with your own Chapter. Pick your own colours, your own chapter badge and a name. In your mind think of an idea in your head how you imagine and like your BA successors to fight. You can always come back to this topic and ask more questions before you buy.

Mechanized is very good for BA, but so can lots of Jump packs, as well as other builds. Get some ideas of things you like, and we can suggest ways to make them work.

The one bonus about doing your own Chapter is that if you get bored using the Blood Angel Codex, you can always use another Codex and play a different way with a wider range of models in the future.

Archived