Design a Chapter Standard Competition

The "Ultramarines the Movie" Design a Space Marines Standard Competition started in May and has been running up until now. - As far as I can tell from the rules, the deadline has now passed, though I could be mistaken.

However, this competition seems to have stirred up very little interest here on the B&C and on the Internet in general.

I just entered my submission to the contest. - A Commemoration Banner, hailing the Victory of the Ultramarines at the Siege of Zalathras.

So I'm wondering: Have anyone else entered this competition as well?

Hm..., Well I've seen this competition mentioned in the Ultramarines movie thread, and a dedicated thread was also set up in the Ultramarines sub-forum, but no one seemed interested in talking about this competition.

Personally I've been working on and off on a banner for the competition since May, but was uncertain about whether the competition rules allowed me to discuss the banner creation or not, so I kept quiet.

I've had a look around the net and there has been very little mention of this competition at all; though the Ultramarines movie site has been followed and discussed lots.

Maybe many more have entered, but have been quite about it. - We will know soon enough.

So it would seem that I am the only one from the B&C that entered then? - That just doesn't seem right!

I am looking forward to seeing the results though and it would be really cool if the submitted banners were somehow used in the movie; like in a "Hall of Battle Standards" in the Fortress of Hera or something like that.

One may dream right? :)

I'm not entirely surprised CGM. Other than the Chapter Emblem contest, any drawing type contest we've ever had here at the B&C has had extremely poor turn out. For example, when we did the banner contest we had 3 total entries (years and years ago).

It could be the way folks are being notified. I know I have been signed up for notification in regards to the movie and such and yet never get any emails updating about contest, the trailer or any of that.

Archived