Spear Head

Lord of Death

LoD are you trying to justify using a "cheaty" (your own words) list?

You asked for feedback and people gave you honest opinions that you are stretching the rules and looking for loopholes and your responses are simply along the lines of defending the list over and over, trying to say that a super heavy is a vehicle and can be used in a normal mech formation and that others are "crying" when they only answered your question and tried to give you insight.

hahahah at this guy who tried to make an epic list but failed and on top on that made an illegal list as well, then insults people who point out his failure while defending his own flawed opinion. Seriously, boo hoo? How old are you? Six?

Lets not start getting personal about this.

Lord of Death's just trying to defend a list that he thought was good, but has been rather shot to pieces. We all learn somewhere.

Lord of Death, same applies to you - you asked for opinions, and you've had them. If they're not what you were hoping for then learn from the advice you've been given.

my point was that my list was in the rules and i can understand some people saying it should be played i understand but people saying that it is not legal is not reading the black and white and just plan silly. thanks to the people for given proper feedback not just moaning and :) .

like james said; no one was inappropriate except you at the moment.

i'm sorry, but if you don't like criticisms like that, don't post here. we're here to help and give criticisms.

sorry bud, but it's also me who thinks it's not fair.

This:

Its probably against the rules TBH. The APOC book allows you to mix armies - I don't recal any Codecii allowing you do likewise.

And this:

Are you using it as an expansion to 40k or apocalypse?

As far as I am aware, Spearhead is intended as a variation of the standard 40K ruleset. Regardless of the 'is a super-heavy vehicle a vehicle?' (and I do think that super-heavies are an exception to the normal vehicle rules, BTW) argument, the rules do not permit you to take an Imperial Guard tank in a Blood Angels army, in much the same way that you cannot take Sentinels and Leman Russ in your routine Blood Angels list.

-Up to three vehicle units with a transport capacity.

The StormLord has

-For each vehicle taken, you must take one unit of

any type, from one or more entries in the army

list, that can transported in a vehicle.

Ie My Squads

-Unless stated otherwise, all of the units in a spearhead

must be chosen from the same entry in the army list,

though they may take different options and upgrades.

All Units the men inside are from the blood Angels and the stormlord the Apocalypse book, Space marine (Blood Angels ) can use forces of the Imperium, they just say im having that .

This spearhead was checked by GW staff in the Dudly Merry Hill and have played the manager there with it .

Sharing it all with you so to share the fun with Blood Angle players,

And give the rest something else to moan at lol

Actually its illegal because you cant have it be a mechanized assault spearhead AND a superheavy spearhead. It just doesnt work like that- a unit only belongs to one spearhead at a time.

But a Superheavy Vehicle can not be part of Mech Assault Spearhead as its not a vehicle (its a Superheavy Vehicle)

Exactly my point- you dont get access to the Super Heavy unless you take the superheavy spearhead, and thus- you cant make it a part of a mechanized spearhead.

its is a Vehicle that is a super heavy tank but it is still a vehicle.

the fact that i can use it in a superheavy and the move the troops in side is legal but using it as a mech is bad wording on GW side not myself

Are you failing to grasp the point we're making, or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

Super Heavy Vehicles have their own rules - all that stuff about Structure Points, shooting at multiple targets, trundling 6" etc.

You can't just take one because it has the word Vehicle in its title - its full title is a Super Heavy Vehicle, it's a completely different type of unit.

Infantry and Jump Infantry both have the word Infantry in their name, but they've got totally different rules on how they play. They're not interchangeable.

Same thing applies with Vehicles and Super Heavy Vehicles - they've got totally different rules on how they play. They're not interchangeable.

Also, since spear head is an exspansion to the normal game, you still need your compulsary and fallow the FoC. I think you may be confusing rules or using house rules you are not telling us about. In apocyalyspe, you don't have any restrictions on the FoC because the point is to feild your entire collection, spear head still follows the same rules as the standard games, which is why dedicated transports are specified as taking a hs slot.

Also, if you bothered to read the rules of spearhead, you would see that all units are bought from the same codex, and this incliudes units transported inside(your marines) therfore, you cannot feild this spearhead even if the rest was legal.

You need to go on GW website and look at the rules you dont have to use FOC you can use just spearheads.

But for all have took the time to look at this post thank you and here is my revised list for spearhead.

HQ = Mephiston

Troops = 10 Man tactical Squad, Missile Launcher, Melta Gun.

Troops = 10 Man tactical Squad, Missile Launcher, Melta Gun.

Heavy Support = 5 Man Devastator Squad, 2 x Lascannon, 2 x Missile Launchers.

Heavy Support = 5 Man Devastator Squad, 2 x Multi-Meltas, 2 x Missile Launchers.

Heavy Support = 5 Man Devastator Squad, 4 x Missile Launchers.

All getting in the storm lord when it arrives prob turn 2/3.

Putting all my previous arguments aside, I must inform you that you apparently don't know the awesomeness of the mechanized assault spearhead.

Go back and read it because it says that the spearhead outflanks and comes in on your first turn.

I still think it is an illegal list for the reasons I have stated above, but you should at least know how to use it. :Troops:

the fact that i can use it in a superheavy and the move the troops in side is legal but using it as a mech is bad wording on GW side not myself

No, the wrong is entirely yours- Your codex simply doesnt have any super heavy vehicles in it.

Therefore, you cannot choose any of them without taking the superheavy spearhead.

A unit cannot be a part of two spearheads.

Thus, none of them can be a part of the mechanized assault spearhead.

You need to go on GW website and look at the rules you dont have to use FOC you can use just spearheads.

And this is also not true- there are restrictions placed on what you can take outside of spearheads, and they are the normal FOC but with no minimums.

Grey Mage

Mate you can use FOC

you can use FOC and a spearhead(s)

you can use just spearheads

That would be what I said.

None of wich allows you to take a superheavy in another spearhead formation.

I get the feeling that Lord of Death has bought a Storm Lord specifically for his b0rken Spear Head list, and therefore won't listen to any of us when we point out that it is not actually a legal choice. I wouldn't play against your list, Lord of Death because as far as I am concerned it is against the rules. You can only take a Super Heavy Imperial Guard Tank for your Blood Angels in an Apocalypse game, which Spear Head isn't.

If someone took the time to convert up a Fellblade from one of the Baneblade Variants that can get Targetting Arrays as an upgrade Id most certainly play against them.

Archived