Honour guard + Plasma guns

biglou666

hmmm, might add a banner, but only to give dante an extra attack.

idea: add a jumping librarian to the squad, with shield of sanguinius? 5+ invuns are quite useful tbh. also, mabye give him moh, and use that on dante. 10 attacks on charge ftw!

what do you think? should i add a librarian to the sqaud? or is that too much for one sqaud?

well i added a banner to the squad!

sorry devlonir, but if dante is running witht the squad im going for that extra attack! thanks for the idea godhead! :P

pictures tonight. im just finishing basing them now, they are almost done!

sorry for the triple post, but i have pictures now! so im sure you'll forgive me....

anyway, i added a banner, and finished adding detail and based them. Also, put a little bit of white on the apothacary.

Whaddya think?!?!?

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab249/biglou666/updatedhg198.jpg

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab249/biglou666/updatedhg194.jpg

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab249/biglou666/updatedhg197.jpg

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab249/biglou666/updatedhg193.jpg

well? do you like em now there done? dont forget there riding with dante for that precise deepstrike, and backup if they get into a CC kerfuffle. (teehee i love that word!) anyone else got thier pictures of similar loadouts?

Pie plates or not, here are my honour guard, they are not %100 finished, ive got a few more seals and nicks to paint first, but what i really ewant to know is what do you think of my gold?:

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab249/biglou666/IMG_0707.jpg

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab249/biglou666/IMG_0712.jpg

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab249/biglou666/IMG_0711.jpg

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab249/biglou666/IMG_0710.jpg

enjoy! i want all comments on the painting, but please remember i have one or two more details to do yet,.... including the bases! -_-

please deflash your models. but they look very evenly painted.

well i played vs salamanders yesterday, and they kicked ass! my opponent, ( a good friend of mine) is a very beardy salamanders player. u know the slamanders special rules? twin linked flame and melta weapons? mastercrafted thunder hammers? well what he did comes down under rules abuse. a ten man thammer termie sqaud plus double melta land speeders, and an all flame sternguard squad as vulkans retinue! and the rest! it was a tough game but thanks to dante and co i managed to get a draw. Deepstriked behind his termies, plasmad 5 of them. then i got charged next turn. that was a mistake for him :teehee: dante ripped 3 more apart, then the rest of the squad finished them off with thier pointy sticks. ( unfortunatley, next turn they got charged by an iron clad. that was the end of the road for them.) but they took out one hell of a sqaud!

if it wasnt for them dropping in turn 3, it would have been curtains for me.

man he is one mean tactician that player. i wish blangels had a rule like that. :confused:

Hi Big Lou

Interesting thread.

Some sudgestions for your models, wash the gold in, was it, hazlenut ink? then high light again with the two shades of gold (makes armour appear ancient) oh and yes get rid of the flash lines.. :lol:

I do plasma guns like yourself.. great work on them

I'm doing my HG atm as well, well have been doing for maybe 2 years.. lol seen three codexes during this project. (gotta remake the damned thing everytime they print a book)

Anyway I was considering honourguard two with a melta pistols and power weapons, one with a thunderhammer, 2 with pairs of lightening claws. One of the guard with a melta and powerweapon shall also bear the chapter banner, this I want to use as a counts as spear (ie the power weapon).. the idea of jump pack troops swooping around with an unairodynamic giant flag to me is plain ridiculous so I have modeled the spear of teletro or what ever it was called from the blood angels novels. I wanted to team up the honour guard with Dante and planned to deepstrike them into games where they might soften up enemy HQs with the meltas and then charge to finish them next turn, assuming theyr not charged first wich doesnt really bother me tooled up so I am with the claws and so or possibly use another cheaper unit as a shield between Dante's Guard and the enemy. Then if any turns left wreak carnage.

I have a couple of questions, is the sanguinary novitiate limted to bolt pistol/bolt gun and chainsword or can he choose weapons like the rest of his squad mates (is a member of the honourguard after all)

and what do you peoples think of my squad?

I've had mixed success with them - the biggest problem is that to get within rapid-fire range, they're then within assault range for the next turn.

They have had some fantastic successes - two Terminator squads destroyed in consectutive turns, a pod of Sternguard wiped out the turn they arrived with no casualties, and an entire flank of Guard wiped out in waves as they advanced.

They've also been wiped out in combat before they've got their points back more than once.

It's a fine balance to get them into position, especially now that their reputation goes before them.

is the sanguinary novitiate limted to bolt pistol/bolt gun and chainsword or can he choose weapons like the rest of his squad mates
No, he can't take any upgrades - he's listed seperately in the Unit Compostion, and is never given any Options.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, for some reason I'm drawing a major blank here. Do plasmaguns use the small blast template? And can Honor Guard equipped with Plasmaguns still fire 24" after moving their full 12"?

Great models too by the way!

Wow, for some reason I'm drawing a major blank here. Do plasmaguns use the small blast template? And can Honor Guard equipped with Plasmaguns still fire 24" after moving their full 12"?

Plasmacannons use the small blast template, not plasma guns.

And only relentless units can move and still fire plasmaguns 24 inches. The only relentless units available to BA are bikes and terminators.

And only relentless units can move and still fire plasmaguns 24 inches. The only relentless units available to BA are bikes and terminators.

Don't forget the Death Company. ;)

I was going to point out that DC can't take plasmaguns, but neither can terminators, so I guess I have to admit I just forgot about the whole relentless DC thing.

I can see some benefits to running a 4 plasma gun kitted HG with Dante. Rapid fire plasma into just about any squad is going to hurt something, and even if they get charged before your next turn Dante being I6 should hopefully at least let him throw down some attacks and with hit and run they could potentially get out of cc and shoot and assault again next turn. Give the HG SS would be an even better option (despite being prohibitively expensive).

Why not use Vanguard and take melta pistols, meltabombs and a power fist? You drop in and fire the melta pistols then assault if needed using the meltabombs and finally the power fist. If either the infernus pistols or meltabombs immobilize the enemy tank then you are automatically hitting in close combat. That's the beauty of meltabombs and a power fist... Meltabombs strike first then if you immobilize the power fist is automatic. I learned this tactic from a friend who pulls this tactic with mounted Wolf Lord joined to a squad of Thunderwolves. Basically you are trading the range of the meltagun for the greater potential to inflict more damage over the course of a turn... It really works well versus IG tank squadrons.

0b :HQ:

( unfortunatley, next turn they got charged by an iron clad. that was the end of the road for them.) but they took out one hell of a sqaud!

So they haven't had the chance for Dante's hit & run?

sadly vahouth, no. what with dante being an IC, the dread singled him out in cc, and instagibbed him with strength 10 attacks. it was funny though! <_<

:) Better luck next time...

By the way, great HGs!

Archived