Advice needed on painting white armour

Hello all.

I'm a beginner painter, and I've decided to paint my marines in Luna Wolves colour scheme (essentially white) when the models arrived.

Well, the problem is, I've primed my whole models with Chaos Black spray without any thought, and tried to paint White colour on them...and failed.

I don't thing I could take off black paint on all of the models, and want to know if there will be any effective way to color them white-ish.

P.S. One general question. When I paint the models white with brush, or when I apply Badab Black wash, I can see some parts of the models have more 'color'

resting on them, while other parts of the models have less, undersolor-visible paintmark, unlike the WIP pictures others posts (they have much even and

smooth surfaces) Any advice to me to prevent this problem?

For the guy below I started with black, the went over just about everything (including most of the shallow crevasses) with Gunship Grey (GW Adeptus Battle Grey is the exact same color). After that, I covered pretty much everything but the crevasses with Codex Grey. Then it was time for Fortress Grey (I think this took two thin layers) leaving a little Codex showing. Then it's just painting on thin layers of white till you're there.

You could also probably put in a layer of Astronomican Grey after the fortress, but I feel that lends too much blue to the white. It will cut down on the number of layers of white you need, but it moves it away from the neutral.

http://home.comcast.net/~kotobuki99/wh40k/Vengeance/bikerapoth.jpg

Remember too, that non foundation GW paints are translucent, so slathering skull white on black would require a gazillion very thin layers (to avoid being overly goopy or streaky, like I paint).

best bet is to reprime them, either stripping them or not, as discussed above, as you are a beginning painter.

Archived